newbee first build

GoldenMotor.com

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
Nice, build!

Crazy Horse.

Is this a new style Stretch Cruiser / Chopper build, looks like a motorized, cruiser frame style build.

I think you might have posted this in the stretch cruiser / chopper forum in unknowingly. No worries congrats on your build I'm sure a Moderator will move your post to the Motorized Cruiser frame style forum, soon.

Last edited:

Hammond Egger

Oct 23, 2010
Tucson, AZ
yep had to put it on because of the pull start and centrifugal clutch
Is unscrewing itself one of the kinks? I've got the same bike, same motor. I think I may have the wide crank installed wrong. There weren't any instructions with it, tried to find some on the net and came up empty. searched on here and came up with nada. Is the pull start breaking every third time you pull it another one of the kinks?

Tad Bit Tipsy

Jan 2, 2010
Pensacola,FL
Hammond, do you have the 2010 Grubee Pull Start? It is upgraded, steel instead of plastic. You might be able to find a replacement if you have an older engine.

adam valentine

Sep 27, 2010
Mission Kansas
Is unscrewing itself one of the kinks? I've got the same bike, same motor. I think I may have the wide crank installed wrong. There weren't any instructions with it, tried to find some on the net and came up empty. searched on here and came up with nada. Is the pull start breaking every third time you pull it another one of the kinks?
no the rope isnt very long so dont pull hard

Hammond Egger

Oct 23, 2010
Tucson, AZ
Hammond, do you have the 2010 Grubee Pull Start? It is upgraded, steel instead of plastic. You might be able to find a replacement if you have an older engine.
Yes, 2010 Grubee with cable pull start and CF clutch. Love the clutch but the pull start is absolute junk. I don't even try to use it anymore. I've never pulled it three times without it coming apart. Right now I'm busy building an OCC chopper but when I get it done I'm going to try and make something usefull out of the pull start. I'd sure like to find some instructions for the three piece wide crank kit. I have photobucket now so I'm going to try and post some pics of the pieces and see if someone can tell me how to put them together right. I have it put on but it keeps unscrewing itself.

adam valentine

Sep 27, 2010
Mission Kansas
Yes, 2010 Grubee with cable pull start and CF clutch. Love the clutch but the pull start is absolute junk. I don't even try to use it anymore. I've never pulled it three times without it coming apart. Right now I'm busy building an OCC chopper but when I get it done I'm going to try and make something usefull out of the pull start. I'd sure like to find some instructions for the three piece wide crank kit. I have photobucket now so I'm going to try and post some pics of the pieces and see if someone can tell me how to put them together right. I have it put on but it keeps unscrewing itself.
you have it backwards then or your missing a step show me the build and i will help you , there are left and right side parts tho

adam valentine

Sep 27, 2010
Mission Kansas
I believe you are right mine did finally unscrew it self and because of the wobble when i took it apart all the bearings were loose took it to bike shop dude took one look at it and said i had it on backwards the one side with the flat sides goes on the right side screwed all the way in pack your bearings full of grease then before you screw in the left side pack the entire tube full of grease and tighten until there is no play then put on locking ring new bearings were a lot better quality and petal a lot smother and only cost 4 bucks i highly recommend you change them