Sprocket help

GoldenMotor.com

Rnalecz

Jul 19, 2008
I just ordered a 80cc engine from boygofast, its not in yet, but i was also wondering about getting a 36T sprocket. They make the sprocket with 6mm holes and 8mm. Everyone seems to want the 6mm not sure why. But i was wondering if the stock sprocket is a 8mm or 6mm? Because i dont wana be replacing bolts and stuff.

Andyinchville1

Manufacturer/Dealer
Dec 26, 2007
Scottsville, VA
HI,

No experience with the Boygofast engine kits BUT our sprockets come with 3 mounting patterns on them for a universal fit (6 hole Disc hub mount, HD 9 hole mount (8 MM bolts), and standard duty 9 hole mounts (6 MM bolts)...

NOTE: the two different 9 hole mounts have different bolt circle diameters...NOT just different bolt hole diameters so they are NOT interchangeable).

Hope this helps you.

Andrew

Jul 22, 2008
Northglenn,Colorado
The 6 mm is more universal with spoke count but the 8 mm looks more beefy. But the 6 mm is plenty strong.
It's best to get a 36 spoke wheel. 9 hole sprocket goes into 36. No spokes get in the way. Now with a 6 mm you can get away with installing a 32 spoke wheel to your sprocket. That extra 2 mm adds up.
Installing an 8 mm sprocket to a 32 spoke rim is a headache.

Rnalecz

Jul 19, 2008
Oh ok i have a 32 spoke wheel, so that means if i want to have a 36T sprocket i need it to be 6mm to fit on right?