it says to use valvoline 2 stroke oil, but i went to walmart and got two kinds:

1)quicksilver, premium 2-cycle outboard oil
2)supertech, outboard 2-cycle outboard oil

which one should i use at break in?

thanks for your help!!

Joshua

Jun 8, 2008
usa
I don't think that you should use outboard 2 stoke oil you need air cooled 2 stroke oil. I think that is what I've been told. what I've heard from several people was use dino oil(non synthetic) for break in. synthetic oil is to good and won't allow everything to break in correctly. use this for the first gallon and then switch to syntetic. what I did was use dino for gallon 1(20:1), then synthetic blend for gallon 2(28:1) and then went to full synthetic from then on(32:1). Also everyone I have talked to says mix it 20:1 for the 1st gallon, 6.4 oz oil to 1 gallon of gas. then reduce the amount of oil after that 1st gallon, I run about 32:1 with full synthetic( 4oz oil per gallon).

Josh

Last edited:

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
take the oil back and return it and just get 2 stroke oil. alot of times you will find it in the lawn care section

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Poulan 2 stroke oil, either synthetic or non is available at wmart in the lawn care section, I just bought a refill today.

DO NOT USE OUTBOARD OIL EVER.

Tj Bunch

Jun 18, 2008
Why is OB oil Different, I just got 3 qts General Purpose Shaffer from a Buddy NOT OB oil But Just wondering.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
It's made for water cooled two stroke engines that run @ more or less continuous rpm. It's got a different formulation completely.