My COOL decals are here, but it don't look right...

GoldenMotor.com

Motoschwinn

Jun 27, 2008
Independence MO
Hey I got my tank decals today, please tell me I'm having a senior moment here. ALL the decals I used years ago you would wet them, and slide them off the paper. BUT the decals I got, the exposed part of the decal needs to down. In other words the paper side up, the actual exposed side down in contact with the tank. I've attached a pic.... Mine are reverse of what is shown...

Attachments

bmoody

Jul 25, 2008
Hey man what color white did you use for your tank?

I made new fender mounts for my point beach and I want to paint them, the tank and my new shifter kit kinda the same white color as on the neck

Motoschwinn

Jun 27, 2008
Independence MO
Hey man what color white did you use for your tank?

I made new fender mounts for my point beach and I want to paint them, the tank and my new shifter kit kinda the same white color as on the neck
Actually it was the el cheapo white from the dollar store... Matched perfectly, at $2 a can. AND a nice gloss.... I wish I could just get the red right!

Jemma Hawtrey

Dec 29, 2007
Essex, UK
Those sort of decals would be great for the tanks on the 'Great Jemma Run' lol machines ... specially in the same font and style

The look great from where I am standing - I know the decals you were thinking of - its the type from the airfix model kits i think you mean..

Do you know where I could get some made up?

thanks in advance

Jemma xx

Motoschwinn

Jun 27, 2008
Independence MO
Yeah, they look good from 3 foot away... I would imagine you could find several companies on the web that could make about any type of decal you desire. These were actual Schwinn decals, or at least they came packaged that way.