FNG saying "Hi!"

GoldenMotor.com

The 26incher

Dec 19, 2009
Pepeekeo, HI
What up gang? My name is Jason and the bicycle engine bug has got me going bonkers! I live down by the beach in So. Cal and I found a trash can Schwinn beach cruiser that started the whole bicycle engine building craze! I've seen these engines on e-bay and one of the sellers was local so I picked up one for a $100 total. The install was easy after I made a few mistakes. I used the rear coaster and the sprocket installed on to the hub very well! Stock the engine does 40mph! I did make a few up-grades by changine the exhaust with a small bladder pipe and an air filter but I really don't think I gained more MPH just low end performance. The engine pulls great! I am @ sea-level so I know I have that going for me but are you guys get 40mph with a stock 62cc? The stock gearing for a 26" bike worked really good for me. I can almost start from a dead stop with the new pipe. Right now I building a Schwinn 24"er and so far thing are going good. I think I'm going to gear the 24 for top end speed. Here is a question for you guys E-bay has a "performance" carb for $60...is it worth it? Will it make an improvement? Also, is the slant head engine better then the standard engine? Can you mill the head? If so, how much? I really look foward to checking out the site and seeing what you guys got! I will try to post pic's soon once I get my pc working right. If you see a guy running around The South Bay of LA on a Schwinn moped with a crazy custom seat and a beard from ****, give your boy a holla! 5000

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
I will comment that no carb is worth 60 dollars when talking about any "improvements" it might make to one of these engines.
Set up properly, the stock carb will suit 99% of all users.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
If you want to experiment a tiny bit, buy a 20 dollar motorcycle or moped carb off of ebay and mount it up, at least you'll have some adjustability.