what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

GoldenMotor.com

needtransportation

Mar 17, 2014
Knoxville
Bought her a new wheel from the 3rd oldest american and 5th oldest bike shop in the world (greenlees in knoxville). A couple days ago I picked up a cranbrook that had only been ridden once for $35 so she has a riding companion and I got a free schwinn bike helmet for me in the deal.

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Don't know if I'll ever use this on the bike, but I bought a new impact wrench and set of metric impact sockets. Gonna change the struts on my Nissan and my air compressor/old impact aren't up to the task. So........instead of a lot bigger, tons more expensive air compressor, I bought a corded electric impact wrench. Says it'll do up to 220 lb/ft of torque. Sure as heck hope those nuts aren't tighter than that!!

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Those electric impacts do a pretty good job, I have a Craftsman 19.2v cordless impacr my wife got me a couple years ago for Christmas and it has sure came in handy, I mainly use it on my bikes but I've use it for taking lug nuts off of mine and my oldest sons trucks and it got it done, isn't as powerful as my air impact but does great on light to medium jobs... the corded one like you have is better than my cordless one im sure.

Map

pulsar2121

Feb 20, 2013
USA
Replaced the magneto in my China girl 2 stroke bike and decided to ditch the spark plug cable and boot and just mount the CDI directly to the spark plug. It starts better and seems to be a bit faster. Welcome to the 1990s motor-bicyclers!;)

Last edited:

Moto pope

Mar 26, 2013
St. James, mo
I fabbed a manifold and replaced the "stationary" motor carb on my 79cc Lifan 4 stroke. I used a china made carb (19mm) for small motorcycles, and man what a difference! It brought that little guy to new life, even sounds like a motorcycle now! Amazing what better breathing can do.

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
I think my bike is feel'n neglected. Haven't done much with it this winter---I did put a few miles on it the other day.

Today was mower maintenance day. Changed the oil, lubed the roller bearings in the wheels, sharpened the blades, checked the drive belt, lubed the pull rope assy, checked plug, cleaned air filter, and even armor-alled all the exposed plastics. This will be the 9th year on my Honda mower and I think it actually runs better now than when new.

needtransportation

Mar 17, 2014
Knoxville
Took her for a ride thinking I had all the kinks worked out after putting the brakes on then throwing a chain and bending the wheel and replacing the wheel but after less than a mile I had a flat and limped her home to find out the valve stem is torn where it meets the tube. I also had the head off after pulling the plug and it being coated in oil and I noticed oil leaking from the front of the head so I sanded the rest of the raised ring down so now I have the beneift of a larger clamping surface and higher compression.

I have had nohing but problems with this bike and am seriously considering selling it if anybody is intersted shoot me a pm.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Took her for a ride thinking I had all the kinks worked out after putting the brakes on then throwing a chain and bending the wheel and replacing the wheel but after less than a mile I had a flat and limped her home to find out the valve stem is torn where it meets the tube. I also had the head off after pulling the plug and it being coated in oil and I noticed oil leaking from the front of the head so I sanded the rest of the raised ring down so now I have the beneift of a larger clamping surface and higher compression.

I have had nohing but problems with this bike and am seriously considering selling it if anybody is intersted shoot me a pm.
Dont give up..... if you take the right steps you'll have the kink smoothed out before long and then you can get a lot of riding time in between any needed repairs or maint.

Best wishes....

Map
.wee.

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Got to feel'n guilty about doing nothing to the bike ---- so, I fabbed up a simple down/out turn for my home made exhaust. It's held in with the same pin that holds in the pot scrubby/silencer. Have to be able to clean/replace the 'silencer' when it clogs up.....:D

Attachments

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Got to feel'n guilty about doing nothing to the bike ---- so, I fabbed up a simple down/out turn for my home made exhaust. It's held in with the same pin that holds in the pot scrubby/silencer. Have to be able to clean/replace the 'silencer' when it clogs up.....:D
Looks great bro,

That exhaist is very clean and compact, I like it.

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Looks great bro,

That exhaist is very clean and compact, I like it.

One day, when I finally get down your way, you can ride it to see how it compares to some of the other exhaust systems. My high tech butt dyno gives it favorable stats...........:D

knightscape

Jul 29, 2013
Maine
I got my 4 stroke mount set to go on my GT2A-S frame. I definitely confirmed what everyone says: The stock mount is a PITA for the 4 stroke HS142 on this frame! Did some grinding/cutting and I'm actually going to mount the front bracket inverted to make it work. This will let me maintain a more solid structure than the grinding that would have been necessary to mount the motor. and will let me mount it lower and farther away from the fuel shut off. Ordered up a dual crown fork to go on it, and layed out all the parts, figured out what I need and what I don't. Hopefully going to prime the frame for paint tonight.