**my First Ride**

GoldenMotor.com

bowlersp

Jun 29, 2008
so i just got back from my first ride and it was great. however i have a couple of things i need to work on.

1) the gas valve is loose and i need to tighten it because gas was leaking out.

2) the throttle did not work at all. for some reason the throttle was acting like i had it at Wide open throttle. so the whole time i was riding i had to hold down the brake to make sure i did not floor it when i was trying to break in the engine.

do you guys have any idea why my throttle was at WOT!! i don't understand it. i hooked it up just like the instructions said. anyway, thats it for now. it sure was pretty cool hearing it fire up for the first time. all the work i have put into it payed off right then :crash:

Ilikeabikea

Jan 27, 2008
Ptown, Texas
Take the air cleaner off of the carb and look in the carb. While you are looking turn the throttle and make sure the slider is moving up and down..................

bowlersp

Jun 29, 2008
yeah, it does seem like something is tight and that the throttle isn't pulling right. like its stuck at WOT. is this typical in a new install?

Ilikeabikea

Jan 27, 2008
Ptown, Texas
Are you sure the slot in the slider is lined up with tit in the carb. That would make it stay wide open..........................................