Wide Crank Problem for 4 Stroke Engine

GoldenMotor.com

jlalclk

May 3, 2010
LA
I recently installed a 4 stroke engine on a Micargi Touch bike. Problem was that the crank hit the engine. So I bought a wide crank set from bicycle-engines dot com, but it still has that problem!

Any recommendations?

Thanks for your help!

Attachments

beentryin

Apr 24, 2010
goshen,ohio
i know this isnt the proper way but it work,take a bottle torch to the crank handle down low were it starts to bend heat it red hot bend it out a little,let it cool,then go higher on the arm heat it red hot then bend it back,itll put kinda like a S bend in it

Randog707

Oct 18, 2009
Fairfield,ca
I had to do what Beentyrin is talking about,to my chopper build.It worked like a charm.P.S if you do the bottle torch methed,make sure you use the MAP gas instead of butane,heats hotter and faster.

Ghost0

Mar 7, 2008
Bellingham, WA
We now have a 206mm cartridge BB that will fit the bill for that application. Would also require an adapter to change your 1 piece BB.

bluetarp

Feb 25, 2016
dutchess county, NY
hey man, I like the micargi touch a lot. just sold my first build which was a touch with a 2 stroke, now I wanna put a 4 stroke on one like you--- was very worried about it fitting. your pics just made my day, but a wider shot of how much room you have left in the engine area would lierally make my month. for real. I realize this thread is old. hows that bike holding up now that's its 6 years later?

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
If the 4 stroke has enough low end torque, could you just make pedals out of paper mache, as props. Just kidding.

As long as those extra wide cranks are that are useful, maybe a modded on that also allows the pedals to be side by side for alternate no pedal mode. You know just foot peg idea, foot rests.