Hello everyone

GoldenMotor.com

Steve Crutchfield

Jun 15, 2008
Cullman Al
I am new to the motered bicycling world. Am very mechanical. I ride my bike to work 10 miles each way. I am having some vibrations at 26 to 30 mph. Any ideas? I have a 70 cc kit.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
hi steve and welcome to the site. my bicycle motor vibrated something awful. i added a springer front end and it took away alot of it. bicycles are pretty rigid and nice shocks make a lot of difference. glad to have you with us

Ilikeabikea

Jan 27, 2008
Ptown, Texas
Welcome to the forum. Glad you joined us. My bike vibrates at high rpm. I just don't run it at the higher rpm. I've considered going with a 36 tooth rear sprocket so I could go a little faster with less rpm. But just hadn't got around to doing it yet. The story of my life. Post some pictures of your build, we love to look at motorized bicycle pictures.....................

MrLarkins

HS Math Teacher
Jun 17, 2008
Arkansas
hehe, I've had my share of 'vibration' problems...hope yours isn't as bad as mine was...but whatever the cause, you will find help here!

I suggest searching the forums for jackshaft mod. it's the bomb! (saving my money now)

bamabikeguy

Jun 28, 2008
Holly Pond, AL
picasaweb.google.com
Hey Steve,

The two bike shop guys at Werners are now playing with one of those engines, and they are going to stock those Pyramid Industrial tubes that Jack Sheilds and I are going to always use on our rear wheels.

You need to meet Jack, retired Americold mechanic with about 15 bikes laying around, including a Kawasaki Indian, Whizzer, California Stretch Cruiser that hits 52 mph with a 44 cc engine.....two of his uncles were busted by Buford "Walking Tall" Pusser, so he knows all about ethanol production& runs 4-5 vegetable oil vehicles.

PM me for his phone number, he is out on Eva Road right past the Airplane Gas Station (look for the driveway with the grocery cart near the road on the right, about 50 yards past the Airplane).

pc