Lawnboy

GoldenMotor.com

trackfodder

Sep 8, 2008
Keith Williams
Just now · Bartlesville, OK
I bit the bullet and mowed my yard the 1st time today. I am always in awe over the tremendous power of my 21" self-propelled 2-cycle Lawnboy. I was running through damp 8" grass and weeds and it NEVER bogged and started first pull. I bought it for $165 from a guy that maintains the park mowers in Tulsa and rebuilds old LB 2-strokes to sell. He re-jets the carbs for greater power output and they are awesome. I will say, I let it sit under my sailboat all winter and the coil took on moisture. It spent 1 hr. on low in a crockpot and was good to go. You couldn't beat one for power and dependability. If anyone is interested I might be able to dredge up his phone number.dnut

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
It's a two stroke. Engine does not care what orientation it is at. Simply mod carb to suit, No crankcase oil to worry about

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
You can use epoxy or shalach to reseal the coils. That's one of the biggest downfalls of Lawnboy. Everyone thinks they are bad and end up scraping them. There are 2 or 3 builds on the forum with Lawnboy engines, downfall is the big crank shaft,but can always put a clutch on jack shaft..................Curt

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
Great little engine & with a variable ratio setup it is super.

curtisfox;636967]You can use epoxy or shalach to reseal the coils. That's one of the biggest downfalls of Lawnboy. Everyone thinks they are bad and end up scraping them. There are 2 or 3 builds on the forum with Lawnboy engines, downfall is the big crank shaft,but can always put a clutch on jack shaft..................Curt[/QUOTE]

Attachments

Last edited: