Was running but wouldnt idle

GoldenMotor.com

JangAlang

May 8, 2014
illinois
Hi, everyone! i came back to update my issues. laff So I realized that I was getting no spark. I finally got that meter and checked out the magneto and cdi. I couldn't get the meter to read anything on my cdi wires(first build unit) and my mag read bout 345-350 on the soldered wires to the unit. I figure hey, I will just take my old coil off the first build(which has almost turned into spare parts ha). I did that and took my newish cdi and hooked it up to both coils and NADA. I even changed out my plug wire( bosch silicone something or other which worked on my 1st build beautifully for 9 mths) with a new one and still no spark. I dont want to come to the conclusion that i have to replace seals behind rotor. Crazy thing is my 1st motor is showing the same thing when i took off the magneto. Gas mix out the bottom 2 bolt holes under the rotor. I just found a post by 2door talking bout the size i needed to know to change out the stock case screwbolts(suck). Anything i need to know before i do replace them and order a new coil or 2? The old mag I could probably blame on getting wet maybe but this new one I havent got near water but i can smell mix and see the drippage(not varnish).

JangAlang

May 8, 2014
illinois
Update: Was running but wouldnt idle

ok everyone. Im back after a long week and a lot of fussing with the bike. I have solved my woes and got the bike started and running today! After all the diagnosing the award goes to A BACKWARDS clutch-side crank seal and 2nd place goes to the mag side seal. HAha.duh. Now I do admit my last minuteness to being lazy in the winter..Honestly its cause my 1st motor worked fine and i never changed anything on it nor adjusted.(besides tightening nuts and bolts). I do recommend to any newer builder to get yourself a puller and look at those crank seals. After the 'quality' came out of the box i knew i was in for some fun later down the line just not that soon. :) I took her to work today. It was 80-90 but it was humid. Slapped an ngk b8hs (running bout 25:1) and pedaled away. The head didn't seem to get that hot(like before) but sounds like its a little rich as it was blubbering. After bout a 20 min ride with varying throttle speeds i let her cool and check the plug. A lil wet on the insulator but it like half chocolate, half cruddy black. My tip looked burntish or really hot but not to the point of ashy. After fiddling with a few other things, i switched to a ngk b6hs and the notice in power went up to sounding 'normal' but also the head was noticeably hotter(but not cutting out hot). Got it OT, shut it off and checked the plug. Looks slightly lighter than chocolate and barely wet on insulator. I am open to suggestions on what to do now cause i read too much and get brain overload. I know i should do an actual plug chop but i think my cable is catching in the housing not letting it go all the way down to adjust. Thanks guys ERICo