MotoSchwinn II debut (before and after)

GoldenMotor.com

Motoschwinn

Jun 27, 2008
Independence MO
It's 96% done! And it thrills me to no end that my bike debuts HERE on this site!

In a nutshell my old suburban was getting beat up and beating me up too. The lack of any suspension was taking a toll on the bike, and my uhhh meat and potatoes so to speak. The front rim had several dents in it, braking was like taking a pulse... The skinny tires would blow out all the time.. I needed a new bike... So here is MotoSchwinn II. Sorry that the photo's aren't any better, I need a new digital. Anyway what do ya think?

Photo number one is before, and photo number two is 30 minutes old. MotoSchwinn II has more refinements coming, but here's a sneak peek... Paint isn't quite right on the tank, and some other little upgrades are needed/ordered and coming. Have to get a speedo, lights, and bags. BTW that Kings motor already has over 3000 miles on it and is still pulling strong.

HOPEFULLY it will start tomorrow!!!

Attachments

Last edited:

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
That is a nice looking ride Motoshwinn (^) I like it alot....Great job :) I have over 4,000 miles on my king's and still running great.
:ride2:

Motoschwinn

Jun 27, 2008
Independence MO
Thanks everybody! I pulled the tank off again, yeah I'm going to try another color of paint. I think it's nearly a match. It needs more metal flake, but it's really close. Regardless, if it's not a match... I'm sticking with it.

It's time to ride.

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Nice bike!! It looks just like my production bikes!

It works really well if you put the twist shifter for the gears on the other side of the handle bars! (I do it on all my bikes)(^)

Motoschwinn

Jun 27, 2008
Independence MO
Motoschwinn II Update, she started up and feels so much different than the old bike. Seat needs adjusted and the handlebars too. I'm going to do really short rides until everything settles in. Thanks for the support and the comments guys!

mobilgal

Jul 15, 2008
Kansas City, MO
(^)Hey buddy! Thanks for turning me on to this forum. Been showing your bike around the office and it's generated a lot of interest. We should start a Motorized bike club of Kansas City! Love it, Love it, Love it!

Motoschwinn

Jun 27, 2008
Independence MO
(^)Hey buddy! Thanks for turning me on to this forum. Been showing your bike around the office and it's generated a lot of interest. We should start a Motorized bike club of Kansas City! Love it, Love it, Love it!
I was talking to Ester today at work, and she said she has seen 3 different bikes. Every morning on the way to work she sees these guys heading to work too presumably. All with the same set-up as mine. I think we can do a group here for KC if I'm not mistaken...

Saddletramp1200

Custom MB Buiilder
May 7, 2008
Houston, Texas
Fantastic job! Don't remember having a red bike before. Most of my bikes have been used and as men's bikes for the most part blue. Had a white bike once. A 27" Schwinn road racer. Skinny tires and all. Funny, on cars white don't show dirt as much, but on a bike it's diffrent. Your lines are clean it all goes together very well. Now go get it dirty(^) Later Tramp(c)