This is priceless episode II

GoldenMotor.com

GasX

Oct 7, 2011
Florida
"cobble up" or "cobble together" are both idioms that refer to putting something together hastily and without care. A cobbler is a shoemaker. However, it is clear to see how someone could use the term "cobbler" to refer to one who cobbles up a kludgy contraption.

Dogtown Burner

Sep 15, 2011
Los Angeles
Messin' around with these bikes I get to see a lot of cobblers' messes. Most of them aren't worth discussing...but once in awhile I run across one that is worth showing.

This customer drove all the way over from Orlando Saturday. He bought an Occ chopper and then , (unknowingly), paid some cobbler $325.00 to put an engine on it.

If this doesn't make you laugh...you have NO sense of humor. I have no idea how this guy could have, in good conscience, built this.

Some people like JB weld, some people like duct tape...this guy loves large hose clamps!!!
MY GAWD I was gonna pick a favorite whot, but they keprt getting worse!!! wow! does he supply a gas mask for that exhaust? or is it a "high-riding-huffing" kinda hillbilly thing I'm not aware of?! and the chain on the brake arm?! priceless. holy hoseclamps batman we've found the 2011 build champion for mbks!!
The clutch cable is so bound-up, (form numerous kinks), that it is nearly impossible to pull the clutch lever. The throttle cable is also bound-up...cruise control...laff

To ride this thing...you would have to be prepared to change clothes every few miles, as the genius has the exhaust pipe pointing upward so that the rider can enjoy the full flavor of the ride.

The motor mount set-up is beyond comprehension. The chain/tensioner arrangement is also a disaster...the chain is running across one of the brake arms.

If you missed episode I...Here it is.

http://motorbicycling.com/f3/priceless-14804.html

Jim
holy high heavan thats AWESOME! I havent laughed this hard in a coons age! I can't pick a favorite. does he supply a gas mask for that exhaust, or is it some kinda riding-high thing i'm not aware of?! wow.. thank you for this post hahahaha

Jumpa

Aug 12, 2011
Cape Cod
WOW! Ya gotta love that exhaust " See if it ever gets cold I installed this here handy hand warmer right next to the gas tank for your convenience"

Sgt. Howard

Sep 28, 2010
Okanogan, WA
Do you hear banjos....?
wall Ah know'd mah sister all mah life
(do do do do do do do do do)
thayt is why she's now mah wife
gots a daughter sue an' a son named fred
they both sleeps in a double bed
when they turns thirteen they'll both be wed
We're an inbred clan (do do do do do)we're an inbred clan(do do do do do)
well mah mammy is mah aunti Flo an' mah pappy is my uncle joe
(yankee doodle went to blazes, screaming like a banshee...)
HARHARHARHARHARHARHARHARHARHARHAR
the Old Sgt. usflg

Sgt. Howard

Sep 28, 2010
Okanogan, WA
The more I looked at that abortion that some poor schlemiel paid money for, the more I kept thinkin about the kid from deliverance playing the banjo... and wondering if he didn't help with the design. Those words were something I came up with after a three-day bender... been sober for over nine years now, and with good reaon- I'm bad news when I'm drunk. Regardless, thought you might enjoy a bit of insanity to commemorate the insanity of the build.
the Old Sgt.usflg

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
Hey Jim, I showed my wife (who admits she has limited mechanical experience) the pictures you provided of the atrocity.
She displayed her significant IQ by asking "Is that a joke?".
When I explained that somebody charged a fellow money to build him this bike, she needed to be assured that the builder wasn't anybody on the forum that I knew of.
She wanted to know if it made it there under its own power.
She's no mechanic and even she knows that was no place to put an exhaust.
She didn't think the drivetrain looked safe. (I wasn't coaching her on anything, just showing her pictures.)
She thought there was too much rubber crammed into the rear mount ("Shouldn't that be bolted down a little closer?"). And she wanted to know why the front wasn't bolted down at all ("Those metal straps are supposed to keep this engine from moving all around down there?").
Jim, even my wife could tell that was a horrid job that other makeshift (or is it "shifty", or maybe "shiftless") bike builder did. She didn't have to actually say that she wouldn't ride a thing like that, the glare in her eyes told the story.
And I was amused the whole time. Thanks Jim. We're glad people like you are around to keep monstrosities like that from giving us bad names.

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
Hey Jim, I showed my wife (who admits she has limited mechanical experience) the pictures you provided of the atrocity.
She displayed her significant IQ by asking "Is that a joke?".
When I explained that somebody charged a fellow money to build him this bike, she needed to be assured that the builder wasn't anybody on the forum that I knew of.
She wanted to know if it made it there under its own power.
She's no mechanic and even she knows that was no place to put an exhaust.
She didn't think the drivetrain looked safe. (I wasn't coaching her on anything, just showing her pictures.)
She thought there was too much rubber crammed into the rear mount ("Shouldn't that be bolted down a little closer?"). And she wanted to know why the front wasn't bolted down at all ("Those metal straps are supposed to keep this engine from moving all around down there?").
Jim, even my wife could tell that was a horrid job that other makeshift (or is it "shifty", or maybe "shiftless") bike builder did. She didn't have to actually say that she wouldn't ride a thing like that, the glare in her eyes told the story.
And I was amused the whole time. Thanks Jim. We're glad people like you are around to keep monstrosities like that from giving us bad names.

Sgt. Howard

Sep 28, 2010
Okanogan, WA
I showed it to my wife as well- her language got a mite salty there. Understand, she spends a bit of time over my shoulder asking questions and has gotten some time ago to the point where her suggestions are very worth listening to... she still prefers I sling the wrench. Finally summed it up- "Looks like something (her ex) would do," Had to laugh... her ex is all about quick and dirty, which is why he can't hold a job.
the Old (Banjo Pickin') Sgt.usflg