Measuring miles

GoldenMotor.com

shanefer

Jun 20, 2009
Arizona
Hey, I see a lot of you guys letting everyone know how many miles you have on your bikes. What are you guys using to measure this?

shanefer

Jun 20, 2009
Arizona
You want me to ride around in a $10 speedo?! That doesn't sound very safe, and I'll probably scare a lot of people.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
You want me to ride around in a $10 speedo?! That doesn't sound very safe, and I'll probably scare a lot of people.
Snork, snork snork. 2funny.

I get Schwinn wallyworld ones for around $10. I doubt they are perfectly accurate but close enough. One bad thing about having a speedo (not the banana-hammock kind) is you get really worried when one day your MB will only do "X" for speed and really excited when it will go "Y"

Here is a link but does not show the 10 dollar ones. dunno why. They do have them. Walmart.com: Platinum 15 Function Wireless Speedometer: Bikes, Scooters & Skates

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
I've got a Schwinn speedo from Walmart, but mine was $20 It has all kinds of function that I have yet to figure out.
LOL Fair, me3. Speed and odometer is all about I can use. Dang clocks still blink at me like VCRs

15 functions and I use 2

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
Snork, snork snork. 2funny.
I doubt they are perfectly accurate but close enough.
I checked mine with my hand-held GPS (friend said his car was doing 30 when he was following me and the speedo said I was only doing 25 so I made sure) and it's dead on (+/- a few tenths) using the setting right out of the instructions.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Very kool Kev, TY. Have been planing to double check with a GPS but never got around to it. Great 2 know!

bandito

May 22, 2009
colorado
I go by driving experience in my truck and guesstimate. Certain points around town I know how far it is from my house.