Sticking it to the man

GoldenMotor.com

Speedy Wilson

Mar 10, 2009
Ringgold,GA
Hello Gearheads and Knucklebusters of the World,
I am looking for a cheap way to build a LEGAL motorized bike on the cheap. My license got taken for unpaid tickets ( lost my job) and i am to lazy to pedal all the time. I got a handle on a honda pressure washer engine, 6hp and a weedeater i can destroy. I like the idea of a friction drive,rear mounted contraption on the weedeater engine. I dont have a bike yet,but im working on it.
Questions: Can a small v belt pulley be adapted to fit over the tire for a friction drive setup? With a spring to force it against the rear tire i think it could work. I dont have a welder handy, have almost no money and will probably be raiding dumpsters and trash piles for parts. I will let you people know how I fare on getting parts. Last question,maybe a stupid one? Has anyone ever run a weed eater engine on a nitro mix used for model airplanes and rc cars? its basically a small 2 stroke engine right? I just dont want to blow parts all over or get killed if i try it. I'm a horsepower junkie,got to hop things up a bit.

Jul 22, 2008
Northglenn,Colorado
Speedy check out thrift stores and garage sales late in the afternoon. Sometimes when a garage sale hits a Sunday and the sun is about to come down they'll take anything for that bike that's been sitting there all weekend cause by then they just want to see everything gone. Offer them 5 bucks and it's yours.

Speedy Wilson

Mar 10, 2009
Ringgold,GA
Hey, good idea. Thanx. It beats haggling at goodwill for over priced junk that was donated to them to begin with. Why can't they accept a reasonable offer? If it's $30 and i offer $20 why not sale? They dont have a dime in it right? I'm not bashing goodwill I'm just lost on a one time occurance. I don't have good luck trying to bargain with them is all,at least at my local one.