Latest lil tiddler

GoldenMotor.com

trackfodder

Sep 8, 2008
I am totally worn out from what should have been a cinch. I started with a Vista delivery bike with great rims, heavy spokes, and triangle frame. First, the engine had to have a 1/2" spacer milled for the rear mount to get it off the chainguard. The bars had to be drilled to mount the throttle. The exhaust pipe had to be torched to bend it to miss the front downtube. The throttle and clutch cables were 9" too long and had to be shortened. The nice wide fenders had to be hacked unmercifully to clear the chain and guard. The chainguard had to have a fancy mount to clamp the rear to the frame. Finally I am ready to fuel it up and see if I can afford to tag and insure it

Attachments

Agreen

Feb 10, 2013
Southeastern GA
Looks like an awesome bike. Seems very sturdy.

I hate to sound belittling, but all those problems are about par for the course when installing a China kit. It's never as easy as it sounds, especially when you pay attention to the details.

Actually, the hard part jus began! You now have to get it running, running properly, and keep it running. Good luck!

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Well done with a nicely built bike. Sounds like you had the standard problems associated with a motor bike build.
The frustration of building it will be forgotten I'm sure as you ride it with pride and everyone who sees it admires it.

Steve

trackfodder

Sep 8, 2008
Got some good news. Went to the state hwy people to see what it will take to be legal. They made a phone call, no answer but didn't think anything was necessary, Told me to go to tag office, they made a phone call, didn't think I needed to do anything. Suggested Police. Asked a cop at the station, he said I could just ride it like a bicycle with no restrictions or equipment/insurance.title/tag. Just stop at signs and signals and use had signals when turning or stopping
WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE