Did the Halogen headlight Setup...

GoldenMotor.com

rgvkid

Sep 21, 2008
Los Angeles,CA
So i tried a light setup using a cheap 100W off-road light setup to a 12V 7.5AH Battery mounted to the frame. This setup had a bright illimination but only lasted about 45min.

I posted some questions about the wattage and Jason guided me to the link on the DIY Halogen light setup. The price od the 2 bulbs alone where more then my other $12 Cheap Harbor Freight 55W Blue Fog light substitute for the original. Im doing the same setup as in the link with one 20W and one 35W. I have to say that when i tested the 20W light alone, it gave off just as good maybe even better illumination then the original 100W light i had. Its more of a total illumination rather then seeing dark and brighter spots.

Im using a 20W flood for a low beam and a 35W Spot for a higher beam. Im still working on the 35W light housing but so far every where i have been they are out of 35W Spot lights, they must be popular. The bulbs are about $6-8 but the illumination is well worth it. I'll be happy if i get at least 1.5 Hours out of the batteries with this setup. I could probably get more time then that by only using the 20W Low and the 35W sparatically.

Thansk Jason for the link. I'll post pic when completed.

ZnsaneRyder

Nov 21, 2008
FLORIDA
Add some LED's to the halogens, and have some backup light when your 12V halogens go dead. With a good enough battery, you can get 4-8 hours from LED's.

yea

Last edited: