Hi

GoldenMotor.com

j3000

Jan 5, 2012
Michigan
Hi there new to this motorbike stuff. I hope I did it offend anyone? Anyways more aout me I am 38 years old. I need a hobby!!! About 2 years ago I had a seizure that stop me from working then a week ago my wife showed me a picture of a whizzer motorbike and I fell in love with them. I want to build one from the ground up. I like to get my hands dirty. I like to know how things work I like the feel the dirt and oil and gas. And learn by my mistakes.

I probly sound like some nut case. But this is the first time in 2 years I have been excited about anything. But I don't know where to start. thats where I need help from. A place to start and some guidance. and a working building plan.

thank you for your time,
Jason

spanners

Oct 5, 2011
east coast Australia
Jason welcome mate, you sound a lot like me, and I’m just a bit older. From the time my fist china girl motor arrived I've gotten so much enjoyment from playing around with it, it's fantastic. Anything I've had this much fun with in the past has been illegal. I went with the china made motor because there are so many aftermarket parts and the motors are so easy to work on and the parts are cheep, along with this site there's every thing you will need to know about them here. I guarantee you will enjoy this hobby so don’t hesitate.
Cheers Spanners

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Welcome to the forum. Glad you found us. If you sound like a nut case then rest of us must really sound like nut cases. I hope your fortunes improve soon.

inked1974

Apr 11, 2011
Palo, Iowa
Welcome to the group! As for suggestions and a "plan"..... From my experience I would suggest the following. Find yourself a bike that you really like. Read as much as you can here on brake set ups and safety precautions. Ask as many questions as you can. Have fun building! There is always someone here that can help you thru any roadblocks that will come up along the way. OH and...... take alot of pictures during your build, everyone will have a much easier time helping as well as admiring your achievments.

.shft.

j3000

Jan 5, 2012
Michigan
Thank you everyone, for your words.of encouragement, first I need to do is look at all the styles. I thought about builiding a whizzer. but I just saw a homebuilt chopper that I really like. And I am thinking about using his whole thread as my building plan.

Jason