well i messed up big time

GoldenMotor.com

dropleg

Jul 24, 2011
United States
what would i need? would new piston rings be needed? This bike doesn't have many miles on it. Also could i take it to a shop and get the muffler welded on?

Last edited:

decoherence

Aug 23, 2010
sebring,fl
you can use a cut soda can to use as a sleeve to hold the rings when slipping into the jug.

don't weld the exhaust on.
just drill & tap to bigger screws.

Mozenrath

Jan 13, 2011
California
Also, the aluminum is cheap pot aluminum and won't weld very easily.

Drill and re-tap. There's gotta be someone in your town who will do it for you.

dropleg

Jul 24, 2011
United States
I just ordered a new jug. ok so im finding out that using hex screws on my exhaust might have been the reason they were stripped.I replaced them with hex screws when the studs kept falling off. so Allen cap screws are the answer??????? i need to know, im about to get some. It doesn't seem that hard to slip the piston into the jug. I have done it with my old jug and i managed to get in on without tools just by holding the piston rings by hand, orienting them with the slits in the piston, kinda hard to explain. moves up and down and piston rings are fine. am I doing this wrong?

let me make this clear, i just practiced slipping the jug on the piston. i dont have the new jug yet.

Last edited:

FarRider

Jun 8, 2011
Brooklyn N.Y.
Aint that annoying?
I use heli coil inserts and allen head cap screws, hasn't failed me yet.
I like the beer can ring compressor trick, very cool...
RIDE FREE!
FR

Attachments

dropleg

Jul 24, 2011
United States
ok well, i guess im the dumb one. i need a new intake, the gasket it came with fits, looks like im getting a smaller intake. these bikes dont make sense

FarRider

Jun 8, 2011
Brooklyn N.Y.
ok, its not my fault. the Chinese didn't tap it correctly. i have a plant to fix it without drilling
Ah, yes.... welcome to the wonderful world of the HT china girl engines.
Just a quick question...Is the intake port in the cylinder the same shape as the one in the intake manifold?
If so your ok, if not you got some port matching to do.
Once the ports line up correctly, you can re drill and tap the manifold and intake while they are still off the engine cases.
Remember, a gross miss match in the intake port will cause turbulence in the intake track, turbulence will cause the fuel/air mixture to fall apart (droplet fallout) this is a bad thing on a 2 stroke, think of it as de carburizeing the fuel.
This will cause it to 4 stroke or not run at all.
I use a hunk of modeling clay laid over the port, then I press the manifold in its correct position, then i pull it apart and very carefully take out the hunk of clay and examine it, this tells me were and how much metal to grind out. Be conservative here, do not remove to much metal!
Match the port and intake manifold to the intake gasket if you cant do the clay trick, but that requires you to position the manifold FIRST!
Good luck.
FR

dropleg

Jul 24, 2011
United States
well i found out the new jug is a 30mm not a 40mm. it fits the cylinder fine, for all i know its fine. its definitively a 80cc. now i just ordered a 30mm intake. should fit fine. is there some sort of vita mistake im making. I don't want to find out that 30mm stud spaced intake jugs arent compatibly with my engine which had a 40mm stud spacing originally.