Titan In Frame With Shifter Kit Yes!!

GoldenMotor.com

the willi

Apr 21, 2009
west covina,ca
Hi Dax, The Titans I Bought From You Sure Run Superbly!!! One Is Now On The Cvt And The Other Is On The 7 Speed Shifter. Was Not Paying Attention And Installed 6 Speed Cassette. I Think 7th Will Be For Down Hill Slopes. 6th Pulls My Fat Butt Perfect. Man The Shifter Is Perfect For Hills, Just Down Shift As Much As You Need. One Of The Gas Tank Bolts Fell Out Yesterday, I Heard It Hit The Left Pedal. Did Not Know What It Was At The Time. Went Back Today And Found The Shoulder Collar In The Exit Lane Of Hy 90. The Bolt Will Be Easy To Replace. Need To Tell People To Tighten Them Up. I May Shorten The Starter Ropes To 1/2. They Start So Easy!! Lol. The Shifter Makes The Mab 6 Times More Fun. Ron
try cement glue work wonders, better than locktite i have used both and was thinking outside the box and cement glue works the best later the Willi

thatsdax

Feb 22, 2008
www.thatsdax.com
Yes. Willi.. Thanks.. And.. Then I asked, what Kit with Titan are you running? Sounds like he is running the IFFM, but I am not sure. And it seems like he is running a self made kit with the CVT.. or? But.. That is why I was asking Willi. Thanks..

xlite

Jun 18, 2009
ny,ny
The Spandex Crowd Is Fun. But They Sure Are A Somber Bunch! They Never Smile! Lol Oh Well.
That's odd. They almost always wave to me as they go by. Maybe they don't notice the motor until it's too late. :)

Now that you mention it when on a long trip with the pedal bike I probably don't smile much either. Too busy gasping for breath and passing out from muscle fatigue. That's supposed to be a GOOD thing though.

lovehamr

Oct 9, 2009
GA
That's odd. They almost always wave to me as they go by. Maybe they don't notice the motor until it's too late. :)

Now that you mention it when on a long trip with the pedal bike I probably don't smile much either. Too busy gasping for breath and passing out from muscle fatigue. That's supposed to be a GOOD thing though.
It's the only thing that keeps me from turning totally into Jaba the Hut! LOL

mirage

Oct 31, 2010
england
Hi, thatsdax, enjoy your input. saw the utube vid, forward mounted top of frame mount. this allowed, one to use the bikes gears,??? how did you turn the engine around to get the drive on the right side??

or is this an entirely different engine to my huasheng 49cc and the honda gx50. I wish i had known about this engine before i bought mine. What I want to know is, can i change things around on my engine, to get it to look like yours, and drive off the right side,

I would buy the freewheel kit off you, and other parts i might need, I do need the wide crank 3 piece system, as the cranks in my kit where not wide enough, useless, same as normal pedals. And why don,t you mount the engine lower. so one does not need that long drive chain??

I also want to know does your titan motor still have a gearbox reduction system?? i could not see one on the vid?

Last edited:

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Hi
have not got on the forum`s much, for months. Was surprised to see this old thread come back to life. It is a reminder of how fast time pass`s = 2009!

The top frame tube mount use`s a small 5:1 mini chopper gear box. It will reverse the gear rotation, thus mount on left side.

Had a sbp shifter kit for a china girl that i never used. Took parts from it for the build. Used 1/2 pitch bmx bike chain from the motor to the pedal crank.

If were to do it again, would use 8mm chain and sprockets from the motor to the pedal`s. That would make it much easier to get the proper gear ratio. Had to use a 24 or 30 tooth on the bottom bracket to power the rear wheel for start out power, can`t remember which. Also have a 34 tooth on rear wheel cassette.

Have not installed the cassette with a 38 tooth large cog. But that would be excellent for the woods etc. Am over 250 lbs, so need the gears.

This build is my favorite of all my builds. The gears are fun and have been trouble free. Am thinking a 7 speed rear cassette alows the strongest chain.

If a stronger chain could be run on a 5 speed rear cassette that would be even better. The titan 4 stroke has surprising torque thru the gears.

The forum would not let me post pic`s that have been previously attached in the forum. Will try again, there are several pics of my mount etc in other threads.

The high pressure tubing clamps are just perfect for this type of build. Easy to adjust chain and don`t damage the frame. They could be used on the china girl motors, the threaded part could be welded to in frame build motor plate. McMaster Carr sells the mounts for less than $4. ea., many sizes, and pipe and tube size`s which are different. Pipe is id, tube is od.

Ron .cvlt1

Attachments