carb problems

GoldenMotor.com

thuginfc

Nov 28, 2009
F.W.B. Florida
okay so i installed a sbp expansion exhaust and 36 tooth sprocket and installed it finally got it to run decent then realized how much air was getting in the fuel line,fixed that and now running better except i still have a problem...

when i acellerate it runs good no bogging or anything until i get to around 27-30 mph it just stops reveing and bogs down a little i can roll off the throtle and it starts picking up again until i hit
WOT and it bogs again

NEED HELP PLEASE!!!

:-||

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
my guess is your main jet is too large you will need to determine its size the go one size smaller.
have you done a wot plug chop and see if its learn or rich?
That will also help you determine which way to go or the main jet size.
With out being there to hear and see it is hard to tell if its going too lean or rich. Most of the time I've
found that the main jet is too large.

thuginfc

Nov 28, 2009
F.W.B. Florida
i have tried the "plug chop" it wasnt the perfect tan a little on the dark of tan(like a chick with the fake tan color)

im still not running on the leanest notch on the carb,scared of leaning it out too much, but heard that doesnt help at WOT anyways... is that true?

also i ported out my carb a little bit probably about 2mm ive switched it back to a stock but runs better on my bored out carb

i know about the solder and re-drill the jet did it on my pocket bike a few times but would perfer a set of jets. is there anyone that sells jets for this carb?

i will eventually buy an upgraded carb but probably not soon seeing as i would need juets for it too

Mike Hunt

Jun 9, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
ive had a similar problem recently, it would 2stroke properly up to a certain speed then start 4stroking badly and losing speed. i put the needle on the leanest setting and gapped my plug to like 1/16inch. now i never get 4stroking at WOT, only when the engine is not under load and 1/4 - 3/4 throttle.

thuginfc

Nov 28, 2009
F.W.B. Florida
i have changed to a 36 tooth rear sprocket and it doesnt sseem any faster than it was before maybe a little bit i know i could get it faster cause its not reving no where nearas high as it used to if i could just get through the bog soetimes if i feather around on the throttle when it bogs i can get it to rev out a little more

ima try to open up the intake tube a little to lean out the fuel a little more

also how much is the intake tube gasket restricing the motor stock havent had it off to look yet

K.i.p

Nov 8, 2009
CNY
"ima try to open up the intake tube a little to lean out the fuel a little more"

I am in the middle of my first build and have observed that the stock air filter box and carberator orafices average aprx. 5/8". The intake gasket match-up is worth looking into but if your intake manifold is 5/8" inside diameter or more I don't see any point of opening it up. However, I am here to learn and am interested in other opinions.

thuginfc

Nov 28, 2009
F.W.B. Florida
i know what your sayinwith it all bein the same but i have aftermarket filter and opened up the carb for more air flow therfore the reason needing to open up the intake a little too