bad experiences so far :(

GoldenMotor.com

longhorn6

Sep 2, 2009
Richardson, TX
i took the adjuster out alot so that when i start up again i can screw it by hand to see if it'll idle. need some clutch parts there on there way from dax. FYI BTW when i took the air filter off and squeezed the throttle it went up and down like awesomely so throttle isn't the problem i think, maybe it was the idle screw, time will tell lol

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
Not the carb it's self, the throttle cable adjustment. You need two things for a motor to rev, air and fuel. If your motor won't idle it's getting too much air and fuel. Just because the slide goes up and down in the carb doesn't mean it's going down all the way.

Just for giggles, screw the cable adjuster ALL the way down and see what happens.

longhorn6

Sep 2, 2009
Richardson, TX
yeah when i saw it go up and down there was about a centimeter or 2 that was still there (not ALL the way down) how do i fix that? And as the front mounting goes new crank case is $34 gonna do that probably for safety measures lol

longhorn6

Sep 2, 2009
Richardson, TX
Thanks for the link !! Probably gonna buy that motor for $55 what a steal !! That would solve my mounting/clutch problems. I forgot i had some cash stashed away in case something came up, PERFECT !! I will be much more aware when installing this motor. Will read ALL instructions that came with my kit and on this forum. Whos that guy that lives like 45 min. away from me? MAYBE i can politely ask for his help to put it together since he probably has way more experience than i do. hehe crank case $34 or whole new silver motor for $55 Which sounds like a better deal ?? Hmmm