Felt Cruiser Build......not for cruising

GoldenMotor.com

BADBOOH

Apr 3, 2010
San Diego CA,
That engine fills up that hole in the frame perfectly! Looks like an actual motorcycle. I wanna ride it. Joking I want to build my own.

.wee.brnotdnut

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
Hey Scotto hope you have a good back wheel...the torque from this motor will do this...

I relized that Neil had given me a new adapter @ Willow that is made for 11g spokes...that is now on the bike.

BTW Happy Birthday Bro...

Attachments

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Thanks Jeff!

Yeah I'm workin on that as well, Neil had also given me one of those adapters
and that beefy 52t stainless steel sprocket, will be using it for sure.

dnut

Hey Scotto hope you have a good back wheel...the torque from this motor will do this...

I relized that Neil had given me a new adapter @ Willow that is made for 11g spokes...that is now on the bike.

BTW Happy Birthday Bro...

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Looking good bro, did you have to mod that drive system to get it to fit?
To answer your question cory151, I'm fabbing my own jackshaft system to make it function properly with the engine centered using that torque converter. So yes......here's a peek at what I'm doing

Good ol' #3......

Last edited:

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON
Those bearings would be heavy enough for something very pleasantly surprising(family site after all) That's going to be one mean(vicious) girl, Hope you can handle her bro, I doubt the competition will be able to...

\,,/

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
I wouldn't worry about me so much....focus on the poor competition, I'll be just fine!

URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/638/img0539jn.jpg/]
[/URL]

dnut

Those bearings would be heavy enough for something very pleasantly surprising(family site after all) That's going to be one mean(vicious) girl, Hope you can handle her bro, I doubt the competition will be able to...

\,,/

Last edited:

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
SLANT

URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/191/img0551gf.jpg/]
[/URL]

URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/829/img0556c.jpg/]
[/URL]

URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/845/img0558zl.jpg/]
[/URL]

Man is this gonna be a fun, fast ride!

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Might just take er for a spin tomorrow......with a makeshift gas tank...

URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/691/img0563jn.jpg/]
[/URL]

and a coaster brake

no front disc brake yet.......yikes

dnut

Last edited:

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
scotto...love the build. was the motor mount bought or fabbed? i dont mean the cutouts just the raw ( slotted) plate, and where you got it, thanks
Thanks Jon, the mounting plate that the engine is bolted to is from AGK. affordablegokarts: Motor Plate for 79cc HF Engine

Hey Scotto...looking real good...did ya ride it yet????
Hey Jeff, thanks.......I'm just putting it back together as I finally just bolted the engine down last night ( I don't think 8 zipties would have held for too long lol), so I'll finally get to ride it today. Here's puttin it back together, a sneak peek....

I can hardly wait.......

dnut

brentemmons

Mar 28, 2011
Danbury N.H
I just found this other post,I noticed you used a second jackshaft to aline the rear sprocket(I had asked you about you jackshaft plate now I understand your setup).That set up is the bomb,are you going for a land speed record,great work.
dnut

I was thinking I may have to do the same thing on my new build and had the same idea.What are you useing for a sprocket addapter,I have a disk brake rim with a top hat and I modified the brake to work as well,brakes are a good thing to have with all that power.I cant wait to see you on the road.

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
thanks for the info scotto...how did you mount the rear sprocket? (i figured you would get a disc hub) it had better be stout...you gotta have what? 10+hp?
No prob.....I mounted it with a MM hub adapter and it's a MM stainless steel sprocket and it was a prize from Willow Springs Race courtesy of Manic Mechanic. I'm thinkin it's around 10hp.

I just found this other post,I noticed you used a second jackshaft to aline the rear sprocket(I had asked you about you jackshaft plate now I understand your setup).That set up is the bomb,are you going for a land speed record,great work.
dnut

I was thinking I may have to do the same thing on my new build and had the same idea.What are you useing for a sprocket addapter,I have a disk brake rim with a top hat and I modified the brake to work as well,brakes are a good thing to have with all that power.I cant wait to see you on the road.

No land speed record here.....but a speed record for Grange Racetrack would be nice;)

You're top hat set-up should be fine.....good brakes are a must on motor powered bikes.

dnut