Wassup fellas from so cal

GoldenMotor.com

Godforsaken

May 6, 2017
Menifee Calif.
Always been into cycling. My son gave me an American Flyer cruiser a few years ago, installed a rear rack and some ape hangers, rode it twice... about two months ago, while looking for something for my Harley on Amazon saw and ordered a Seeutek motor kit for what I thought was cheap. About 2 months later decided to install...
I'm hooked ready to start my second build. Found a Micargi Falcon on CL for cheap.
Question, what motor kit should I go with? Looking for quality..Ready to start project any input would be greatly appreciated.

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California
Welcome to the forum. I like the four strokes for quietness, torque, dependability and no fuel mixing. I like the 2 strokes for looks, simpleness, top end speed and hundreds of performance parts available to make it do amazing things. Depends on your ambitions. Sounds like your into it with a decent bike to mount it into. Post some photos of your results. Where in So Cal are you? I'm near Huntington Beach.

Godforsaken

May 6, 2017
Menifee Calif.
I'm in Menifee... just ordered a kit from Californiamotorbikes....2 stroke. Can't wait to start next one. Gunna be a stretched rat bike. I tried to post pics, wouldn't let me.

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
yo Dale missed you and your boys at Willow windy but great!!!

godforsaken you have to get into the race swing of things for the total rockout of it all.

Tyler6357

Mar 15, 2012
Santa Barbara, CA
I was just checking out Californiamotorbikes engines. They look like decent PK80s if I'm not mistaken. Anyhow, good luck with your build and welcome to the forum. Also, I think you have to make a few posts before you can post images.

Jan 21, 2015
Portland, Oregon
If you want quality, my advice would be if you have the tools and know-how, build from scratch instead of buying a kit. Most of the kits are rather low quality, and the ones that aren't are rather expensive. Plus you can get pretty crazy with non-kit builds.

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Are you referring to all of the components that come in the kit... CDI, throttle n all that stuff or the motors themselvez?? Soo much to learn.

There's really no wrong way to build these --- as long as you're happy with the result and it's relatively safe to ride. Many choose to use a kit for their first build. You get to see what's involved without a lot of cash expense. Some will 'rebuild' their first build into what they actually want (that's my case).

I think that you now have the required number of posts to upload pictures! Best of luck in your upcoming adventures!

BobbyT

Mar 16, 2014
Santa Maria ca.
Don't worry about anyone putting down your kit. It is good as they come. Same person says throw away the rag joint it will tear out your spokes. He is wrong. If you install it rite you will have no problem. Many of us have them on our race bikes.