Does anyone know who builds custom exhausts?

GoldenMotor.com

Wags

Aug 4, 2016
Michigan
Just since I posted this thread I found that mz Miami parts and ghetto bikes both make cutom exhaust. Money isn't an issue but correct and quality is. I'm looking specifically for someone to modify either the kx 65 or the yz80 pro circuit expansion chamber for my bike. I will send them my bike to ensure a perfect match on fitment and lenght.

Chaz

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver, British Columbia
I would think a local muffler shop could do it. Contact a local motorcycle repair shop and they could do it. I think you would save a lot of time and effort. either way, I'd like to see the results as I also have a yz80 pipe waiting to get installed.

cheers

gsmith003

Mar 25, 2017
Costa Rica
I am going to be looking for a custom exhaust for my "parts just now being ordered" project, a Predator 212 on a sixthreezero beach frame. Going to a local muffler shop was actually a good thought, thanks!

I have not seen much ready-made outside of kart headers, which look like they will smack the frame or rear wheel. Or end up perfectly positioned to burn my leg. If anyone knows a good source of bike oriented solutions particularly with quiet muffler please do tell!

Tony01

Nov 28, 2012
sf bay area
Muffler shops can typically only bend tubing with a minimum diameter of 1.25" and some kind of minimum radius, so double check before you drive to one. Maybe better to get one of those bent tubing with flange kits and have the shop weld it for you.

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
That ebay pipe looks all wrong. The header pipe looks way too long for high rpms. If anyone's running that pipe, I'm curious about how well it works.

I'm making expansion chambers that will clamp on to the stock exhaust header. Just cut the muffler can off and clamp it on.

There's a post in the intake/exhaust section with pics.

gsmith003

Mar 25, 2017
Costa Rica
For the Predator 212 on a bicycle... I have not yet seen a pipe+muffler kit specific to this, just lots of alternatives for karts. Some of them look like they might work, but maybe not. The best alternative I've seen to this point is the "U Build It" collection of tubes like that found on the OMB Warehouse site.

Given that I can get a 1" pipe around the frame, away from chains/belt/legs/gas, can someone suggest a quiet muffler? Anything has to be better than the lawnmower box that comes standard.

mike carter 2

Nov 23, 2011
west virgina
if you are running a 2 stroke,look up cr machine.he sells a header pipe that works great.i used one to mod a 1979 rm 60 x chamber to fit my crusier.ill never do another way.15 20 mins i was done.looks good and is long enough to tune.

Tony01

Nov 28, 2012
sf bay area
For the Predator 212 on a bicycle... I have not yet seen a pipe+muffler kit specific to this, just lots of alternatives for karts. Some of them look like they might work, but maybe not. The best alternative I've seen to this point is the "U Build It" collection of tubes like that found on the OMB Warehouse site.

Given that I can get a 1" pipe around the frame, away from chains/belt/legs/gas, can someone suggest a quiet muffler? Anything has to be better than the lawnmower box that comes standard.
You can use a small glass pack muffler designed for a moped. They sound great and are cheap to service. I just repacked mine for $15 and I still have material left for one more pack. These work great on 2-strokes as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: EZL

mobike91

Sep 14, 2010
lebanon, oregon
You can use a small glass pack muffler designed for a moped. They sound great and are cheap to service. I just repacked mine for $15 and I still have material left for one more pack. These work great on 2-strokes as well.
Got any pics of how you did it? I just saw some good ones on eBay

EZL

May 13, 2016
Chenoa, Illinois, USA

I bought one of these several months ago and it clears everything including a rear mounted basket. The catch is, you will need
to use the fiberglass heat tape and stainless steel ties to hold it on the pipe. The muffler is almost as quiet as the stock 212cc.
I used a double wrap of the heat tape and about 5 straps for the first wrap and for the second wrap I used just two. The straps
are what get real hot. I think a third wrap might be another good choice. A single wrap is not enough and don't touch the
straps even on the second wrap. Link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/273465446091