This is my Stealth Bomber

GoldenMotor.com

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
that is awesome, a nice mount for your motorized bicycle light that can easily be adjusted to the right angle. nice job!

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Paul, I believe you ask about the battery. Here's some pics. It weighs about 26 lbs on my br scale

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
Nah, put a full charge on it, drain it down to nothing tomorrow and charge it again.

After 10 cycles, it will be up to full capacity.

Beautiful. That's what you pay the bucks for. A whole bike designed around the battery instead of lashing a battery onto a bike.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Nah, put a full charge on it, drain it down to nothing tomorrow and charge it again.

After 10 cycles, it will be up to full capacity.

Beautiful. That's what you pay the bucks for. A whole bike designed around the battery instead of lashing a battery onto a bike.
So far I've ridden it around the block about 4 times, and went on one longish 16 mile ride. I started out thinking I'll try to run the battery down, but my butt gave out before I got it half way down.

It's fixing to get freezing cold for about a week starting tonight.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
It's hard for me to ride it smoothly. There's too much stuff for me to do, and a lot of it is stuff I never did like this. It a hard habit to break, to shift gears without letting off the gas or blipping the throttle. It's hard for me on this bike to not let off the gas, and stop pedaling at the same time, when shifting gears. You only need to stop pedaling.

I don't understand the shifter. I want it to go the other way. I don't know what gear I'm in. I can't remember which way to turn it. I think it's backwards of my bicycle. I don't understand the symbols on the gear shifter. I don't understand what gear it's trying to tell me it's in. It looks like it might from the Australian aboriginals alphabet.

I like to use the regen button. It stops the bike real well. I can't ever remember to use it. If I do somehow manage to remember it, I can't find it.

Riding it like a motorcycle is however real easy. It's takes off from a dead stop just like a 6 hp motorcycle. But when it hits 1 hp the governor all of a sudden wakes up. After it wakes up, then it's big fat 1 hp all day long. If you stop, or go slow enough it seems like it forgets until you get to some point again and kicks in again..

It's insidious.

It actually handles better with the battery in it. The front tire likes it better. This bike has a lot of rake for a bicycle. At the speeds it can get up to that probably makes good sense, but pedaling around without the battery, the handling was weird. Now with the battery in it, it feels normal to me, and the tire has more grip.

I went down one big hill and got up to about 30. It felt very stable at that speed in a turn. I pedaled up to 25 mph a few of times. Against the wind I struggled to do 17 mph sometimes. It was using about 425 watts at wfo. Not even 750, because it also knows I'm doing close to 20 mph which is also limited.

The CA can be programed to limit the power to anything you want.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Wow that is some battery alright! So the beast lives and it has been ridden, - congratulations :)

Has the bike still got the stock seat? - that thing looks like an exercise in pain and discomfort.
Before riding the bike, I saw a lot of people online saying the seat sucked. They were wrong, it's a lot worse than that. Let's just say I'm looking lol.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
If you've got a big hole like that, you might as well fill it with a big battery.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
i read this "I don't understand what gear it's trying to tell me it's in. It looks like it might from the Australian aboriginals alphabet. " laughed so hard coffee came out my nose. you will get used to it, sounds like one hek of a machine, did they give you a cable and stuff to program it or is done on the bike? mine you have to hook up to a computer

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I went looking for a seat today. Nothing looks good. This bike's not going to be easy to buy for.

The good news is $350 only gets you a mid level Harley seat, but $50 will get almost any bicycle seat.

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
It's funny how you can put a $10 on a $300 bike and make it look like a million bucks, while a $100 seat on a $10,000 bike looks like ka-ka. Just doesn't seem right!

Last edited:

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
Yeah baby, go Brooks! Or Gyes for the cut rate knock off. Those leather saddles look good.

And even though they don't look comfy, they are.

Amazing. I didn't believe it either till I tried one.

POPS

Sep 8, 2008
Vancouver Island BC .Canada
This is way out of left field butt....Have you all not though about a M-cycle seat like a honda 250 rebel solo seat. Knock off's are around 70 bucks in leather and are real comfy. Not too big but smooth rideing.

POPS

Last edited:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Build your own seat. Design it to fit your butt and your riding style. That's the way to untimate comfort. I never found a bicycle seat that fit me or that I could stand for more than a couple of miles. All of my bikes have home made saddles now and they provide the comfort I wanted and needed.
They're not that hard to make. Got a welder?

Tom