Powder Coating Options

GoldenMotor.com

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
As you regulars know I have been building some bikes on Grubee GTA2 base AL gas tank frames.

I love powder coat, especially when I can use textures with it like this Hammer Tone red.

My local powder coat place will coat a frame for me anyway I want for $100 out the door including the powder cost.

They have an account to buy powder from IFS.
I asked IFS (showing examples of my bikes) if they could send me some samples.

I am blown away by how much they sent me, and all of the other options I have!

The printed color codes on paper are handy, but nothing like the metal 'dog tag' real thing samples you can hold in your hand and feel the texture with their color code on the back.

My new local customers will flip out with this I think, as starting with something completely new and 'You' makes for a heck of a bike.

This is a 4K x 3K pic because my camera can shoot that high, it will however let you see the 'dog tag' samples and be just be blown away with what you can do, and this from a pic, some of them change colors or sparkle depending on the light angle that you simply need to hold in your hand to see.

Not what Joe Budget is looking for, but you might be surprised what people with money want, and I offer whatever they can afford ;-}

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
There's so many different powder companies with totally crazy colors!!

Here's a bike I did a few years ago... I did the frame, wheels & several accent parts metallic green.

We looked through several companies color books until I found the color that was perfect. (^)

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: Hud

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
There's so many different powder companies with totally crazy colors!!

Here's a bike I did a few years ago... I did the frame, wheels & several accent parts metallic green.

We looked through several companies color books until I found the color that was perfect. (^)
Nice bike, and that is exactly what I am talking about, I just have have all the actual metal samples here now ;-}

Save

Sep 1, 2010
Cincinnati,Ohio
oh yeah ,,, I remember Venice motorbikes green Schwinn straightbar frame build.
I think it was a 1938 frame ? I have a Schwinn hornet powdercoated a color called psycho lime cool green with a silver base under the green. Anyhow yes there is a lot of neat looking colors to choose from these days

sbest

Nov 3, 2015
Nova Scotia
I love "Hammertone".
I tend to use Hammertone Aluminum a lot for frame and engine colours.
Hammertone hides minor irregularities well and ages well.

Another favourite colour of mine is "Gunmetal".
Kind of a dark metallic grey, it hides dirt and wear better than black or silver.

A disclaimer here, I am aesthetically challenged to the point I need a note from a woman to buy tinted house paint, but hammertone aluminum and gunmetal frame paint have carried me a long way...