Been looking for ne forums

GoldenMotor.com

Figment51

Dec 26, 2016
Florida
I am a 67yo crazy guy Raced and built many cars but was sitting around lookin on Craig list saw a motor bike and I am hooked Finished my first build and working on second already adapted a china torque convertor to my
79cc predator for my personal ride Looks like a great site will be around need advice ask

Attachments

Figment51

Dec 26, 2016
Florida
Re: Been looking for new forums

Looks good put the photo in my file
To me this is a whole new challenge and a new road
I bought 2 Schwinn's and using 1 for the four stroke probably go shifter
I thought we were supposed to be retired but doing more now then when I worked chez
Jim:-||

Kartooo

Nov 18, 2016
MA
+1
i'm semi retired. enjoy your retirement, many people don't make it, life is short.
what i have learned "the heavier the frame the smoother the ride"
the extra steel absorbs the vibration.
used a small mountain bike frame once, didn't like it, squirrely handling with the short wheelbase and not enough steel to absorb the vibration/harmonics.

Figment51

Dec 26, 2016
Florida
Re: Been looking for new forums

I know what your saying I take my 2pm nap so I can work all night in the garage like a fool but love it do what makes you happy but don't overdo it
Jim

ZipTie

Jan 8, 2016
Mpls Mn
Welcome to the addicting forum Figment51, I built the same 37 Columbia bike and like you among others and I also take a nap now and then just to screw up my sleep cycle so I can spend more time in my shop after midnight so I can build bike after bike.
here is a link to my 37 Columbia build.
http://motorbicycling.com/album.php?albumid=1964

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Nap time when ever i get tired,Lol 75 been retired 16 years. Welcome aboard, had a motor bike when i was a kid. So didn't take much to get me going again. How is the torque converter work out on that small engine? .............Curt

Figment51

Dec 26, 2016
Florida
Hey Curtis how are ya all I did was adapt it to the 79cc predator building a bike now but next build will get the 79 with converter keep looking for articles on the motor they say the converter robs a lot of power but I have some ideas we will find out
Jim

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
I good for a old fart, ya that's why i asked. I have never run one, be interesting to know how yours works out.........Curt