Original Patent Drawings For Vintage Board Track Racers

GoldenMotor.com

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
Here's some of the drawings I've collected.

If you have original drawings please share them here in this thread for all to view / use for Idea's & designing their own Board Track Racer.

Here's the direct link to my Photobucket Vintage Board Track Racers
http://s978.beta.photobucket.com/user/ICrazyhorse/library/Crazyhorse Vintage Board Track Racers

Please share any pic's or drawings / renderings from Vintage motorbikes drawings.

Let's try to build this thread up with as many original patent drawings as we can find, it's not difficult to scale down the drawings to builld a custom tribute vintage style motor bicycle.

C.H.

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
Here's a few more Patent Drawings of Harley-Davidson's & Hendee Manufacturing Corp's Indian Motor Co.

1914 Indian with Sidecar Patent

1916-17 Patent Drawing of an Indian with Sidecar with WW I Machine Gun Accessory

1916 Patent Drawing Harley-Davidson Frame

1917 Patent Drawing of Harley-Davidson Sprung Fork

Guess what make of Board Track Racer this is?

Can anyone find these Pre World War (1) Patent Drawings, such as Excelsior-Henderson, Cyclone, Pope, just to name a few.

C.H.

Rakkassan34

Nov 2, 2012
Kentucky
I've spent my whole winter build time looking for blueprints for these bikes, especially the forks. Thank you so much for posting these. Is there any chance you have any that I can read the measurements on? I've enlarged these and can't. If not no biggie, I can find a common part on one of them somewhere for scale and pencil in some. That should get me in the ballpark.

Thanks again

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
Rakkassan34, let me say this since the patent drawings don't show measurements it is fairly simple to realize the forks had 26-inch and some were 28-inch wheels.

I'd suggest that you maybe try to enlarge the drawings and then add the 26-inch and 28-inch wheels and then you'll be close enough to the original wheels.

More Patent Drawing pictures below

This Harley with the frame painted black & the fuel tank being two-tone combination white & black with red lettering and red border / pin stripping really catches ones eye's!

Here's the Link to my photobucket page with many more pictures to see, just click on link below
http://s978.beta.photobucket.com/user/ICrazyhorse/library/Crazyhorse Vintage Board Track Racers

Rakkassan34

Nov 2, 2012
Kentucky
Rakkassan34, let me say this since the patent drawings don't show measurements it is fairly simple to realize the forks had 26-inch and some were 28-inch wheels.

I'd suggest that you maybe try to enlarge the drawings and then add the 26-inch and 28-inch wheels and then you'll be close enough to the original wheels.

Great idea! Thanks again for sharing.

Heretic

Mar 13, 2013
burlington vt
thought i might add one. and a pic of how i'm making out with it.

still need to finish the springs. add some cotter pins and drop outs.
but she don't look to bad.

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
Very nice fork design, cool shop you have there Heretic....

Wish my shop was large enough for a locomotive!

Start yourself a build thread here in the Vintage Style build section of the forum.

BTW, welcome to the forum you're in the right place for motorized bicycling.

Thanks again for posting the drawing of the 1939 Veloce front forks!

Peace Crazy Horse.

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA