Harley-Davidson 1926 frame geometry

GoldenMotor.com

Mr.B.

Oct 21, 2008
Upper Mississippi River valley
1926 Model B (your photo) had a 56.5” wheel base (axle to axle) and used 26” X 3.30” tires.

Model B used a battery system and the less popular Model A was the same bike/engine with a magneto.

My reference book states that the majority of the 7000 Model A & B singles built that year were exported to Great Britain, Europe, and Australia.

The one in your photo has a unusual front drop stand...

Hope this helps...

-Kirk

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
dear builders,

i am interested to use harley-davidson 1926 for my next build reference. is there anybody have experience on the frame geometry/dimension?

thanks in advance
Monark style springer front fork is that factory? They sure have a big tank...KOOL..........Curt

denmasardhy

Feb 16, 2013
Indonesia
@all: appreciate the input, at this moment i decided to adopt indian 1911 frame as it is easier
i just cut bmx frame, take the rear fork and preparing the new pipe
the dimension is resized to 20" wheel
will update on the progress but it will be slow
again, thanks all

denmasardhy

Feb 16, 2013
Indonesia
just done with frame welding last weekend, resized from 24" to 20" dimension of cyclone 1914 (thanks to crazy horse). feels need to cut the rear arm to make it few centimeter closer to the center pedal axle

went to flea market this morning with a dream to get used honda gx35. but just bought 40$ 2-stroke engine and still need to work on the dry-clutch (worn-out) and piston rings (to achieve proper compression)

a long way to go...

Attachments