pulled over in my velo/microcar in Indiana

GoldenMotor.com

RicksRides

Feb 22, 2012
osceola IN
welp got pulled over going down the road this a.m.
officer walks up to car and as always says the following; May I see your Drivers liscence, registration and proof of insurance?
You should have seen his face when I politely said "No"
Took a few minutes for him to cool his jets and more then a few to convince him none were required but after 5 officers , 2 pictures and plenty of attitude I hear Sir, you are free to go

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
Kind of the same thing happend to me. Pulled in to 7-11 for a pack of smokes when a cop came flying in and blocked off my escape. He jumped out and said "YOU CAN'T RIDE THAT ON THE STREET" (I gotta admit,It does kinda look like a go cart.)so I said Sure I can officer. It's a Motorized bicycle, SEE the PEDALS. I pulledout the little card I made with section 406 printed out and showed it to him. He got out his little book of rules and started going through it. "How fast does it go? he asked. I said 28 MPH with the wind at my back, He made sure it had a headlight, tail light and brake light, and then just walked away MAD AS HE!!.I said Have a nice day officer. HE turned purple and just kept walking to his car.MAN was he mad cause he couldn't give me a ticket.COP'S are funny people.

Last edited:

Avalanche

Jan 24, 2013
Rhode Island
yea, man, congrats on getting away with basically riding a go-kart around. cops here just laugh and smile at me when I drive by them. i think they like the motorized bicycle.

my experience in dealing with cops is that if you show the cops respect, look them in the eyes, tell something truthful they will treat you well. They want/need to feel power over you, so the second you show resistance or friction they'll look for ways to make your day not as nice. when i used to drink, i got pulled over at 3AM going 100MPH down the highway one saturday night. the cop asked me why i was going so fast and i looked him in the eyes and just told him that it was late and that I just wanted to get home-- got off with a warning. i even admitted to him that i was going over 80MPH(in a 50MPH zone). my girlfriend got pulled over drunk one time, admitted that she was drinking and the cops just towed her car and didn't give her a ticket or citation, NOTHING! seriously, look them straight in the eyes as i imagine most people are nervous/scared of the police for whatever reasons and avoid eye contact. submission appeases and relaxes them and they end up docile.

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
yea, man, congrats on getting away with basically riding a go-kart around. cops here just laugh and smile at me when I drive by them. i think they like the motorized bicycle.

my experience in dealing with cops is that if you show the cops respect, look them in the eyes, tell something truthful they will treat you well. They want/need to feel power over you, so the second you show resistance or friction they'll look for ways to make your day not as nice. when i used to drink, i got pulled over at 3AM going 100MPH down the highway one saturday night. the cop asked me why i was going so fast and i looked him in the eyes and just told him that it was late and that I just wanted to get home-- got off with a warning. i even admitted to him that i was going over 80MPH(in a 50MPH zone). my girlfriend got pulled over drunk one time, admitted that she was drinking and the cops just towed her car and didn't give her a ticket or citation, NOTHING! seriously, look them straight in the eyes as i imagine most people are nervous/scared of the police for whatever reasons and avoid eye contact. submission appeases and relaxes them and they end up docile.
heres a pic of my street legal go cart. I call her Tri-Baby. And it hits just a little over 30mph.

Attachments