GEN IV dax build and review

GoldenMotor.com

rogergendron1

Sep 18, 2013
woburn ma
40 mph to 42 mph with a 44 tooth rear and a 26in tire on flat ground..... but it took a lot of porting and port map corrections and differant intake setups to get it there, in the end i found that the highest top speed can be obtained with a 3.5 ft 1in od strait pipe with no muffler ! it screems up in the rpms and make rediculuse power there but lacks any low end LOL a simple exhaust swap from the tunned high rpm strait pip to the snake pipe x chamber and it becomes a verry broad powered midrange bike great for high speed street cruiseing and tops out at 35ish but has loads more power everywhere

Theon

Jan 20, 2014
FNQ Australia
That's a lot of revs to be doing 42MPH on a 44t.
Do you have a taco?
I guess I've probably done the same,
10 500 RPM's on a 44t must be at least 40MPH?
I imagine it's rather loud with a straight pipe at those revs.

badmoon

Jul 11, 2008
Canada,Québec (french)
I'm trying your tuning and porting on my GT5 engine I hope to not made an error ahaha.

My noobish experiment :)

With the puch head coming soon and my CNS rebuild kit to repair my float that ive broke using the NT for the moment rev a lot less.

Was able to run at this speed 37mph with the SBP jackshaft and SBP expansion chamber. Top speed was about 42 mph but not on flat .

Last edited:

badmoon

Jul 11, 2008
Canada,Québec (french)
Lol i've tested your intake and exhaust porting method "without OPEN TRANSFERT port" but ramping and plus a skirt into the piston and it seem to go higher in RPM and I'm with the NT carb run it for 10 minute at idle cause it's a rainy day today and never run on rainy day I'll give you some info about test when the rain will stop :)

I think I will have to upgrade the wrist pin before putting the puch head on it for the moment i'm with Fred Head 7cc no gasket and no leak and it's good .Using castor oil 40:1 that keep all lubrificate.