Lifan Honda CRF50 clone soundcheck, first start & run

GoldenMotor.com

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Thanks azbill, I'm diggin' it lol, but while I could ride it now & defo will be come spring (clean, dry roads), even so there's so much refinement, adjustment & revision that;

"Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning..."

The key difference being ofc changing the thread title from "build phase" to the dearly anticipated "testing & trials" - after all, these things are never really done are they? :p

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
Figured I'd up a lil vid, the first start of my Lifan 49cc horizontal four stroke in my hybrid recumbent build as I remember very well trying to find a vid w/good sound to see what I had to look forward to... & not finding much to choose from lol;

vid: http://youtu.be/XKtDQo4lHlc

The exhaust header/pipe is custom obv, wrapped & the can is a Piranha 50 btw & it's not as loud as it seems, the cam being right next to it & indoors no less ;)
BarelyAwake,

That engine sounds wicked cool bro, and yes I'll have to add a vid here on your thread as well if you don't mind?

C.H.
P.S. I don't think anyone other than yourself has posted a vid sound check of the Honda crf50 style cloned engine. Kudos again bro.

Maybe you can add some snow tires for the extreme winter weather you have up north, and start riding asap!

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
very true sentiment...but its love and blood that make em so great...
t'aint yers till ya bleed on it ;)

...I'll have to add a vid here on your thread as well if you don't mind?
Defo! The more CRF50s & clones revvin' up the better, it'd be great to get some different exhaust system examples - my lil bone-stock, not even broke in yet 49cc has no right to sound so snarly, it's gotta be the header length & shape, wrap & the Piranha can* giving it the 'tude it hasn't really got lol

*the wrapped exhaust system makes a hard 90° exiting the engine, I think both reduce the audible higher frequency "ping" & leaving more of a "bassy" tone...

Maybe you can add some snow tires for the extreme winter weather you have up north, and start riding asap!
If it wasn't for the salt & calcium chloride... how sweet it would be;