What size sprocket to change to?

GoldenMotor.com

DuctTapedGoat

Dec 20, 2010
Nampa Idaho
Well, a new sparkplug is one of the first things you want to get, it makes a big difference. The carb always needs tuned when it's new, and if your bike came with 410 chain, you should upgrade to 415 to take care of the skipping thing. The clutch as well almost always needs some adjusting on it too. In addition, there's a chance your sprocket is a little offset, which is most easily remedied by getting steel bolts for the sprocket mount and putting it back on more solidly.

I'll be out in Boise on Friday - are you going to be free sometime throughout that day?

DuctTapedGoat

Dec 20, 2010
Nampa Idaho
Alright. Well, I'll be out in Boise tomorrow anyways, so let me know - we can at least get it up to the point where you can ride it between now and when your sprocket gets here.

syates234

Jun 14, 2011
idaho
So I recently upgraded from a 44t sprocket to a 32t sprocket I honesty can say that if you want your roms to go down and your speed to go up I defenitly recommend it. Smoother ride and a lot more speed even on a cruiser. I went from 30 mphs to 40 mphs and its a lot quieter.