Funny where people build there bikes!

GoldenMotor.com

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
VB, You mean you actually took that in the house with Gas in it. Wow, obviously you arn't married. I wouldn't be if I brought one in the house with gas in it. I don't even take them in my shop until I drain the gas. My shop is small and I can't stand the smell of gas in there!

John
Actually, I was married then... She was a VERY understanding girl!! You should have seen the look on her face when she came home one day to find the front half of a Volkswagen in the kitchen!!! (seriously!!) :D

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
If any of us are ever on the show "Cops" (again) Ya just know there will be a torn down engine and parts on the coffee table.

Putting on rag joints seems to be a lot of folks least loved task. I really enjoy sitting in the family room, watching TV after dinner with my Girls and putting them on. Like knitting or some thing, really relaxing. Takes me about 20 mins and doing them in a relaxed manner, seem to get em perfect the first time

Salty Gator

Aug 3, 2009
Florida
If any of us are ever on the show "Cops" (again) Ya just know there will be a torn down engine and parts on the coffee table.

Putting on rag joints seems to be a lot of folks least loved task. I really enjoy sitting in the family room, watching TV after dinner with my Girls and putting them on. Like knitting or some thing, really relaxing. Takes me about 20 mins and doing them in a relaxed manner, seem to get em perfect the first time
Dan,
Build me a rim with a rag job....for the life of me I just can't get it right....I tend to go postal....or ...revenue....obviously I'm not a whole dollar but I just can't get the rag joint right....so build me one and I'll pay handsomely for it .....

Thanks,
Salty.shft.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Dan,
Build me a rim with a rag job....for the life of me I just can't get it right....I tend to go postal....or ...revenue....obviously I'm not a whole dollar but I just can't get the rag joint right....so build me one and I'll pay handsomely for it .....

Thanks,
Salty.shft.
Can be frustrating Buddy. If it centers Naturally, your half way there. The only real trick is get it down tight. Use a small block of wood about 1/2 inch or so. (don't really matter, close works) And loosen the low parts. Not tighten the high. Calm and relaxed. If you get frustrated ( an, oh lordy, can be maddening) put it down. It really is one of those things more about fanece (sp, I am so far off Google is asking. "WTH?" lol) not force. Just easy does it. If in any way I can help, lemme know. There are lots of threads and info on it here. Don't be afraid to PM folks near ya. MBer's are all half a bubble off plumb but to the good, snork.

Salty Gator

Aug 3, 2009
Florida
Can be frustrating Buddy. If it centers Naturally, your half way there. The only real trick is get it down tight. Use a small block of wood about 1/2 inch or so. (don't really matter, close works) And loosen the low parts. Not tighten the high. Calm and relaxed. If you get frustrated ( an, oh lordy, can be maddening) put it down. It really is one of those things more about fanece (sp, I am so far off Google is asking. "WTH?" lol) not force. Just easy does it. If in any way I can help, lemme know. There are lots of threads and info on it here. Don't be afraid to PM folks near ya. MBer's are all half a bubble off plumb but to the good, snork.[/QUOTE

Dan,
Finesse would work wonders for me but I want it all....and I want it RIGHT NOW !...But I will take heed of your suggestions....I'm a Taurus....we're not known for our patience....but you know what they say...patience is a virtue....LOL ...( uhhh...RIGHT ! )....much obliged sir....but you didn't take me up on my offer for building me a rim !...POO ! ..( I'm kidding Dan ! )...

Thanks !
Salty.shft.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Can be frustrating Buddy. If it centers Naturally, your half way there. The only real trick is get it down tight. Use a small block of wood about 1/2 inch or so. (don't really matter, close works) And loosen the low parts. Not tighten the high. Calm and relaxed. If you get frustrated ( an, oh lordy, can be maddening) put it down. It really is one of those things more about fanece (sp, I am so far off Google is asking. "WTH?" lol) not force. Just easy does it. If in any way I can help, lemme know. There are lots of threads and info on it here. Don't be afraid to PM folks near ya. MBer's are all half a bubble off plumb but to the good, snork.[/QUOTE

Dan,
Finesse would work wonders for me but I want it all....and I want it RIGHT NOW !...But I will take heed of your suggestions....I'm a Taurus....we're not known for our patience....but you know what they say...patience is a virtue....LOL ...( uhhh...RIGHT ! )....much obliged sir....but you didn't take me up on my offer for building me a rim !...POO ! ..( I'm kidding Dan ! )...

Thanks !
Salty.shft.
Was thinking, bummer about buddys on the net, just not close enough to help. Also, Jim (creative engineering) is in your state. Also NeatTimes (Ron) both are masters. Jim used to make an adapter which would be awesome and side step the whole problem. I'd gladly do it for you. Get one done and they are a breeze, well after the 7th or 8th, they are annoying. But after that they are really...pretty much annoying.

Could always buy a ready to go rim. Grubee and a few others including my partner sell em.

If we lived closer I would give ya my addy and say com'on over. Bring the wheel, ragjoint and beer. LOL.