I know bikes can get expensive, but....

GoldenMotor.com

Junster

Jun 2, 2009
Washington St.
Ya you can get great frames usually with all the rest of it attached on craigslist. Portland list had a 18" trek with front suspension and a giant 21" mtn bike for $30 each 2 days ago. You just gotta really go thru the posts. Sometimes they just say "old bike"

NunyaBidness

Jun 29, 2008
memphis tn
I did a review on the site for that bike that I'll copy/paste here.

"the price for this bike is way too high for normal people to even consider buying it. That is why I bought it. Just so I can stick it to all you poor broke people that cannot afford a bike this expensive. Granted I WAY over paid for it but I did it because I have too much money to just let it sit there collecting interest."

They will probably take my review down but maybe after that they will take a look at the price listed and make a change.

cabbiex5

Feb 12, 2009
Michigan
i went to a local shop and saw the same exact bike. My 4yr old cousin could lift this thing with one hand...sells in shop for close to $2000, its like Tour de France stuff

Shadeslay

Feb 25, 2009
Arroyo Grande, Ca
Ya you can get great frames usually with all the rest of it attached on craigslist. Portland list had a 18" trek with front suspension and a giant 21" mtn bike for $30 each 2 days ago. You just gotta really go thru the posts. Sometimes they just say "old bike"
I've been searching craigs, some come close to what I need. Being short it's ruff finding that 17-18" frame that will take a motor, is steel "cro-mo" and has disc mounts, wouldn't mind rack mounts either but from what I've read that's like looking for a unicorn if you want to pay under $200. On the bright side I found out today my brother knows someone that welds, so I may have ab easier time finding what I want.

NunyaBidness laff

For that price you would think it was made of solid platinum. It's crazy how high end some these bikes are, in my search I've seen forks for over $1,000, some people do have way too much money.

NunyaBidness

Jun 29, 2008
memphis tn
I had full suspension, carbon fiber framed bike that I gladly paid $2,000.00 for. As it sat the day it was stolen it would have cost about $4,000.00 to replace. I can understand paying top dollar for a nice bike, but 91grand is just a little bit too much.

matt167

May 20, 2009
usa
I had a lotus featherlite.. older road/ race bike. 26" 10 speed.. didn't look like anything special but was extremely light.. my brother got the big idea to cut it up and try to make his version of a streatch.. cut the bars at the front of the V.. there was no saving it

Shadeslay

Feb 25, 2009
Arroyo Grande, Ca
Felt offers a bike that is just shy of 10K...Maybe this company meant $9,100.

Jim
At near 10k I don't think I would let it out of my sight very long, even then it would still probably get stolen. Something about expensive bikes just scream still me to some people. Heck I worry about my mtn. bike with no motor valued around 1k, at 10k I would be way to stressed.

Waterfowl

Apr 27, 2009
N.C.
I've been surfing the net for a suitable frame for my next build and ran across this, I could almost buy a house for the price. Ya, it's likely an error, but with price of high end bikes who knows anymore.

ROCKY MOUNTAIN ELEMENT 50 BIKE '09 at JensonUSA.com

Is $91,290 too much? laff

P.S. anyone know of any good sites to get mtn. bike frames for cheap?

LOL You have to change the site to convert to US dollars. $2799