Razor Ecosmart gas conversion

GoldenMotor.com

Ggradtech

Jun 3, 2015
Arizona
New to forum. Want to know how I could convert my slow, underpowered EcoSmart scooter to gas. I'm thinking of using a Honda 4stroke 33 or 49cc clone. Not sure if friction or chain drive would be better or easier. It currently has a sprocket and chain from the electric setup. Any pointers? Thanks!!!,

Dec 11, 2014
Tucson
Not sure at all what you are facing, post some pics if you can. There are definitely uses for friction drive and I have seen some awesome examples on this forum but that being said chain is usually the most efficient. If it already has the set up it will also be easiest in most situations to keep the same drive method. That's my 2 cents but pics would really help us give sound advice.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Welcome to the forum from Tucson Ggradtech.

Anything electric in Arizona, they will let you ride it just about anywhere and at any speeds except Phoenix. Mount a gas motor on the very same thing and you might have lots of problems with the law here... even if its slower.

Last edited:

GoreWound

Dec 1, 2014
Canada
if the above is true then you would want to look into getting a more powerful motor on there, this may nececitate a battery upgrade.

if you can get away with gas you want a honda GX35 with a ninja pocket-bike CVT.
and safetey gear.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Yeah I believe I read those types of scooters are banned in Phoenix except private property. I wonder if the OP is from Phoenix?

I have seen a few ride in Tucson on them but to be honest I have never looked to see what the Tucson law is. I suspect it falls under the "toy law".