Puch Magnum lighting

GoldenMotor.com

indian22

Dec 31, 2014
Oklahoma
Cree is a good source for lighting. I have two at the moment a 6,000 lumen and a 2,500 lumen that run on a re-chargeable ion battery pack. Both are very compact & install in in a few minutes both made for bikes & provide a lot of light & are pretty efficient. Been running both for about 6 months and really impressed with both.

The use of an automotive 12v system can be done, but you'll find out it entails more dollars, parts (look a what others ordered with it on your link) & the end result less satisfactory...the additional stuff has to be mounted somewhere etc. & ultimately most will add a battery anyway. If for no other reason (and there are) safety...motor dies on an unlit roadway & you have no lights, could be a fatal decision. Of course battery could die & leave you in a situation as well, but you can carry a spare ion pack 2"x 2"x 2.5" very easily. I purchased both complete with battery & charger, on e-bay, $20. for one $26. for the larger one.

Good luck whatever you decide & post up some photos of that new bike, bet it will be awesome with or without the automotive light system! Rick C.

t6R

Mar 31, 2014
Connecticut
I've had 3 of those battery packs and none of them lasted past of the second charge. the first charge/ride i got about 2-3 hours of battery life, but after charging it a second time the battery life went down to about 20-25 minutes on both packs. That's the reason for me to look for alternative sources of light.