Hi Perf Carbs

GoldenMotor.com

ezrider

May 18, 2016
Indiana
From the BikeBerry site:

"The big advantage for using the High Performance Carburetor is that it doesn't need any adjusting; you just slap it on, and fire the engine up. Increases acceleration and top speed substantially. It has an automatic choke realize system."
Curious if anyone ever noticed an mph speed boost with one of these...and by how much.

_

Motakitty

Feb 14, 2015
San Jose, ca
I take it you're talking about the cns carb. I have one and for me it's easier to use and doesn't leak gas like the nt one did. As far as speed increase I don't know since my new motor came with the cns carb from dax. You're not just gonna slap it on and go you have to tune it just like any other carb.

ezrider

May 18, 2016
Indiana
"My RT carburetor arrived today. I am shocked at the increase in power, speed, and throttle response. This carb is at least 100x better than either the NT or CNS. With the sprocket, my top speed jumped to 39 mph, and my cruising speed went from 25 to 30 mph. This means I can now comfortably keep up with traffic in the city. Sweet."
http://bit.ly/2cBoUkJ

Curious what the difference is between a speed carb and a hi perf carb.

_

Slogger

Sep 8, 2014
nohio
http://bit.ly/2cBoUkJ

Curious what the difference is between a speed carb and a hi perf carb.

_
Probably about $9.
I got some mixed results with the RT carbs. They started good, idled great, pulled well right up through the midrange, then it would be too rich at WOT.
Jetted smaller to fix that, the engine ran too lean off idle and midrange.
IOW, I was stumped at getting it tuned right.
I have an offset manifold on a stock dax engine. After spending about 50 bucks and beating my head against the wall, I put the old NT back on and left it.
Runs great and easy to tune. And cheap.
I'd buy another one if it fell off or something.

Last edited:

ezrider

May 18, 2016
Indiana
Supposedly you have to order an extra RT carb cable as well. Heard the Dellorto carbs are the best, but there's only a 1 mph speed difference. I mean...REALLY ??

_

Slogger

Sep 8, 2014
nohio
Supposedly you have to order an extra RT carb cable as well. Heard the Dellorto carbs are the best, but there's only a 1 mph speed difference. I mean...REALLY ??

_
Yeah, the cable is different you have to change it. These little engines aren't being held back by the NT carbs. Some of the fast guys like the NT as good as anything.

Dec 11, 2014
Tucson
I have been able to make as much power with the NT as anything else. I use a high flow 48mm K&N style motorcycle filter on them and just dial in the needle amd jet to what the motor wants. CNS I threw on my personal bike just to learn it has been suprisingly easy and needed nothing. RT carbs don't like me, spent hours and hours working, studying them here and on the moped forum, and trying all different tuning and mods to them and can't match a well prepped NT except maybe equal on top speed but sucked everywhere else. I have admitedly put excesive amounts of time in on the NT and really learned the shortcomings and how to correct them and make them scream.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Bike Berry's outrageous claims are as bad gaskike/Kings, it's all BS marketing for suckers. I like an NT Speed carb if you can still find one and NEVER liked the CNS, its hard to get the air leaks out.