Lifan 98cc, anyone?

GoldenMotor.com

Uncle Bob

Sep 1, 2015
Walla Walla. WA
Has anyone here used the Lifan LF 152F-Q3 engine in a bike? I just found one new, for $125 shipped, 98cc, 3 hp, 5/8 shaft, OHV, vertical iron sleeved cylinder. I was going to buy the HF 79cc predy motor and mount it it the vertical, but this seems like a better setup as it's already a vertical motor. Just wondering what your experience has been with this particular motor? Thanks.

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
Great little.motor..I have one on a build in the Btr section Silver.state.cycles..It is a 5 speed shift bike. One of my favorite drive trains.

Uncle Bob

Sep 1, 2015
Walla Walla. WA
Great little.motor..I have one on a build in the Btr section Silver.state.cycles..It is a 5 speed shift bike. One of my favorite drive trains.
Thats good news. Do you run it governed or have your pulled the governor? if ungoverned what kind of rpm can you run? Do you know of any performance cams for this motor? Thanks for your reply!

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
Not sure on rpms but I did remove governor. Being a ohv it revs nice and high. I put a flex.pipe exhaust and ran a gx160 carb..also ran good with a Nt 2 stroke carb. Good luck.