these rims

GoldenMotor.com

Gbrebes

Jul 16, 2010
Los angeles
I' m sorry, I do not know a source for those wide rims, but dang!!, that is one cool bike!. Do you have a link to a build thread for that bike? I need to know things about it. Like what engine, Briggs? Custom front forks, I need to know how. Pressed metal fuel tank sides? How to?

Thanks if you can help.

Hope you get an answer on the rims, I know a member here CCC has used a couple different wide rims.

Gilbert

t6R

Mar 31, 2014
Connecticut
I don't know anything about the bike as i was looking for an example of wider rims and this was the one i found. i'd seen a couple of these and i've been curious if they would fit on a skyhawk gt frame.

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
Possibly Felt 50mm rims with 3 " wide tires installed...
I've also Seen some 50mm wide rims on ebay both in 24 and 26 inch sizes, just make sure they are the 36 hole rims or the hole count is the same as the hubs you plan on using.

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
I like that fork too... that's what's called a leafer because it's similar to a springer but uses a leaf spring instead. These can't be bought... for the most part, but can easily be made using a monarch type springer fork, a small leaf spring off a small utility trailer cut in half, then the fork needs to be modified to accept the leaf spring.
From everything I've read about leafers they have excellent handling charicteristics but they ride exceptionally smooth at the same time, the leaf spring can be made from a single leaf or a stack of leaves depending on how the owner wants it to ride and handle etc. I'll post a link to a pdf blueprint for this type fork, it's for a harley, but it can be down scaled and narrowed etc to work on a bicycle or trike...