212cc engine kit - at last!

GoldenMotor.com

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Excuse me, if I may answer a question. The before and after frames are aviation grade aluminum Felt frames. I believe the before frame cracked then Felt replaced that free of charge with the after frame. Thank you.
Yeah, it cracked or more like bent a little around an inconveniently
placed metal pole in a parking lot where Scott was .........:D

and yes, I am one of Scotto's spokepersonages. laff

Felt Bixby and Slant are steel frames.

The green hulk hauls ass which I can say for a fact. dnut

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Just to clear the air here, not meaning to thread jack......the before and after pics of my race bike are virtually the same bike, the frame was replaced after 2 years due to a crash that bent the rear triangle badly. The frames are made of steel and are stock Felt beach cruiser frames with absolutely no modifications to the frames whatsoever. None.

Neither frame has developed any cracks and the bike had originally 10hp when first built and it's somewhere in the neighborhood of 25hp now.

I love both types of drive trains I've used on this bike and I don't mind if people other than myself care too speak for me or not :D

#3 scotto-

.wee.

FFV8

Oct 29, 2013
Spring Valley NV
Thanks Scotto!
I did not know why the frame was changed, good to know it was crash damage not engine damage.

I took Mike's 212 for a spin the other day, and was impressed. I drive by Harbor Freight every day, and it is tempting.

He is running a stock Predator with 7.2:1 overall and a Hilliard clutch - as a daily driver.

B

FFV8

Oct 29, 2013
Spring Valley NV
Not really. It launches just fine with me on it (230 lbs), and since this is NV there is not even a crank set in the bike.

Clutch locks around 28mph. 30 is the "legal" speed here. 35 will not get you busted, and the engine is only turning about 3200. Yes, it will do 45 - 50 if you are a fool.

dtv5403

May 4, 2015
USA
Oh I see, governor is intact. I guess I assumed it wasn't. And I wasn't saying 7:1 was too high for the motor, just insane speed if the governor was disconnected.

FFV8

Oct 29, 2013
Spring Valley NV
Nah, the governor is long gone. But you would have to be world class stupid to wind it up on the street - especially rolling on bicycle tires!

I think if I build one I will just put 21" motorcycle wheels on it. An 80/90-21 tire is 26.7" OD when inflated. And 130 mph rated too.

dtv5403

May 4, 2015
USA
I'm gearing my 79cc to redline at around 31.5mph, but I'm after torque for climb and acceleration, not speed. I don't plan to run a tach, but I do plan on using my smartphone as a GPS speedo, I want to cruise in the 25-30mph range to keep the rpms below redline. Governor is disconnected.