Completed Sons bike (Sail)

GoldenMotor.com

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
From your title, I wondered if you hadn't built a bike with a sail. I figured this ought to be interesting.......:)

But never mind that. What you've built there looks pretty darned good. Nice job.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Ohhhh, he's gonna love that. Sweet build, Allen. That young man has a good daddy :)

Be sure to share some photos of your first ride together. We'd all like to see that. And thank your son for his service from an old vet.

Tom

allen standley

Oct 22, 2011
Bangor, Maine
Thanks much 2dr. It does mean a lot from you. He 1 tour in afg. Out of 6 yrs. He's a Marine 1st, Always armed: he's in IT computer Field. Surrounded by other Marines. Thank God ---he should be coming home safely April. My family has military history all the way back to 1774 when my many grandfather got fed up and back talked the King, then ran for his life. Landed in Mass. Added the "D" in the Last name and went west.Then my Dad got assigned to Dow AFB Bangor, Maine in 1953. Met my Mom at the bowling alley in Old Town (few miles north) and the rest is history.
I seek out veterans wherever I go, a hat or a ring license plates too. I reach out with my hand to thank them for service. My son makes me and his mom very happy and proud.

Be sure to share some photos of your first ride together. We'd all like to see that. And thank your son for his service from an old vet.

I will and I most certainly will also. Thank you for your service 2door. And Thanks for the compliment on bike. Build pics in my Sail Album

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
My hat is also off and a virtual hand shake to your son and all the other veterans here, my oldest was Airforce and my oldest step son is Army, did 2 years in Afghanistan, seen some crazy stuff and lost several friends in that mess, he's back here in states.

Thank all of you guys or gals here who see this who have laid it all on the line or been in situations where you would have if called on to do so.

God Bless and God Bless America

.flg.

donphantasmo

Oct 3, 2010
Middleburg, FL
Great build, bro. I love the touches of Anodized parts, really sets it off.

Although I am saddened he couldn't join the Navy, good on him for not joining the Air Force (just kidding).

I miss Maine. I lived on Orr's Island for 2.5 years, and I'd move back in a heart beat.

Take care, and I loved the build pics. Keep it up, and keep us posted brother.

allen standley

Oct 22, 2011
Bangor, Maine
Well thanks much don. Me and the boys granpappy Air Force. Throughout my heavy equip training @ Fort Leonard Wood MI. (Army Base 1978) I bunked and trained with Marines and wished back then I chose to be Marine. Oh well I loved my AF service then and memories have lasted my lifetime thus far. Maine is a four season place - too bad Winter is dominant. Never was much into winter sports/activities. Thanks again for compliment take care too!

Trey

$50 Cruiser
Jan 17, 2013
Where cattle outnumber people 3 to 1.
Excellent! Just what a guy needs when he get's back, something normal and peaceful that offers some independence. Really good idea. Welcome your son back to the world from me too.

"Fort Lenoah Whoood" HUAW!

And by the way, the very first time I consumed too much and got beat up, was not my hometown of Brockton Mass, or my teen home in the Bay Area... but Old Town. LOL
Some detatchment duty at Bangor, if I remember.

allen standley

Oct 22, 2011
Bangor, Maine
Amazing how small the world is… 6 degree of separation thing happening… Old Town was rough and tumble then. Not so much today. Paper mill I worked at for 16 years is now all closed down after several attempts at re starts.
My brother in law and Uncle Jack both Navy. Thanks for the recognition and especially Thanks for Your service Trey.