Bicycle GPS

GoldenMotor.com

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
Kinda cool eh? Garmin Edge 200.

Just wanted a speedo-odo for the Motoped. Didn't want cables or "spoke tickers" either. Just the real deal. And small & easy.

Gotta love electronics, they just keep getting smaller & cheaper - :)

Reactions: mountain80

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
Mine cost a hundred bucks (refurb, but can't tell from new)

Seems to do exactly what I wanted. Time, speed, distance. I'll take it with me tomorrow when I walk the dog. No maps, but it records where you went and will get you back from whence you came.

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
Dog Walk

Time & Distance;

Speed;

Route;

No, you can't input a street address and there are no maps, but hey, it will get you "un-lost" eh?

Sweet, small & easy - :)

Semaj

Electric Enthusiast
Dec 11, 2014
Austin Tx
I like the Idea behind it :)
But would very much like the maps and what have ye.
that you moved here feature is pretty neat!

Aug 17, 2011
Springfield IL.
Mike B,
How do you like your Garmin Edge 200 so far?
Have you mounted it to a motorized bicycle yet?
Have you noticed any delay in readings?
If you accelerate quickly, does the display keep up with the actual speed increase?

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
It's mounted but I haven't run the bike yet. I know it's not affected by LED headlight switching noise, but don't know about engine ignition.

You do get a continuous speed readout when riding, the screens I posted were the "summary" info.

I like it because it's cute and small and doesn't need any wires or cables. Just charge the batt when it gets low.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
I have something similar, I bought a mount for my phone from Walmart and use the GPS or speedometer app I down loaded, it works well.

leo

Jul 20, 2015
southern wv
I have something similar, I bought a mount for my phone from Walmart and use the GPS or speedometer app I down loaded, it works well.
there is an app on the google store for android phones simply called "offline maps", you download all maps (topo, satellite and road maps) for your entire area. you don't need internet access to use it, just for the download itself.
it tells speed, distance, elevation changes, and tons of other details.
it also has a feature called "tracks" that will trace your route on any map you choose. not to mention the phone can make calls, play music, and so much more.
i am mounting a small brunton solar charger with a built in battery pack on my bike for extra power, it will re-charge anything that uses a standard USB plug.