a 4 stroke now.I know the 4 strokes are much more reliable
but just how many miles you guys really getting out of say
a predator engine?

Fly.shft.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
I've got 58+ hours on my original HF 212cc Predator race engine that is three years old now and I think it's safe to say that it is finally broken in ;)

The engine is far from stock mind you and those are some pretty fast, hard hours put on it and it's still going strong.

Flyman

Nov 28, 2014
Vian Oklahoma
Ya Scott I have watched your video, your a mad man (wink) Ha, Ha.Your
bike scoots for sure.By the way, what gears you run on that bad boy?

Fly

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Ya Scott I have watched your video, your a mad man (wink) Ha, Ha.Your
bike scoots for sure.By the way, what gears you run on that bad boy?

Fly
At the last race in October I was running 11.11:1 overall gear ratio. A 12T sprocket on the clutch and a 48T sprocket on the rear wheel. Can you figure out what the jack shaft sprockets are? :D

dnut

Dec 11, 2014
Tucson
Flyman, I'm jumping into the 4 stroke world also. Ended up with a job way across town and getting vibrated to death with my balanced motor and misted with hot oil thru my all new bearings and seals is just more fun than I am willing to have everyday. Currently planning a bike similar in configuration to Scott's but mostly stock to start with. Then if I get bit by the road race bug again I can mod it and join the guys in California.

Brucelee

Apr 2, 2015
McKinleyville CA
I have a sportsman flyer 200 with a 212 hf engine with forged piston and rod, pat's intake and exhaust and it has about 130 hours on it. The motor was in my first sf 200 befor it went into the presant sf 200 and it runs great

Msiert

Sep 19, 2014
Omaha NE.
Waking the dead but have to say I will be turning 1,700 miles this week on my HS 142 roughly 114 hours since October 2014. At 1,600 miles I did have to replace my 4G tranny belt, the teeth on the belt were stripped off. All my rides are about 14 miles round trip.

Great little engine!

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Longevity on a 49cc Huasheng engine for me has been over 20,000 miles and several punishing years with a lot of over-revving just to see what they can take. Haven't thrown a rod yet and I own a few of these little engines.

The oldest HS 49cc I own has the original Grubee 4G tranny with the tapered shaft and is only on the second clutch, it has all the high performance mods available on it and well over 20K miles on it. I have only replaced the belt once.....it didn't even need replacing.

I can vouch for the reliability of these little 4-stroke power plants, just maintain them with frequent oil changes and ride them HARD. Adjust the valves if you feel the need and don't look back!

Last edited:

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
I asked Mike today, the guy who bought my ambassador with a HF 212 on it how many miles now.
3500 and counting