Sprocket Mounting hole Help!

GoldenMotor.com

Dobzeh

Apr 8, 2013
Florida
I ordered an 36tooth sprocket of ebay they said it was for a motorized bike. I got the sprocket in the mail and the mounting holes are in completely different spots and size from the stock sprocket so my mounting hardware wouldn't work.Could you guys link me to a 36 tooth that will fit the stock mounting hardware.

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
I ordered an 36tooth sprocket of ebay they said it was for a motorized bike. I got the sprocket in the mail and the mounting holes are in completely different spots and size from the stock sprocket so my mounting hardware wouldn't work.Could you guys link me to a 36 tooth that will fit the stock mounting hardware.
I run intothat all the time, It's just different manufacturers. The easy way is to order sprocket and hardware from the same vender.
fatdaddy.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Link to where you bought it on eBay?

How many holes did it have?

How much did you pay as I might swap you for a 36 tooth flat large 9 hole diameter Chinese sprocket.

There are 2 different diameter 9 hole "stock " kit patterns of which the larger is more common.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
If you can clamp the two sprockets together with the center holes true you can use the stock sprocket as a guide, as long as you don't get the holes off center it should be ok. One bike I built came with a sprocket drilled off center, the result was slight chain surging.