My new build! 29er unique look I think.

GoldenMotor.com

QuietRiot522

Aug 31, 2010
Rochester MN
I'm glad you're considering a helmet and vigilance.

Remove your rag joint metal retainer, line up the holes to your 50t sprocket and redrill new holes. It's an easy DIY task.
Yeah that's what I intended to do but I ran out of time since I use the bike daily to get to work . Thanks for all the great info folks!

Dobzeh

Apr 8, 2013
Florida
Yeah that's what I intended to do but I ran out of time since I use the bike daily to get to work . Thanks for all the great info folks!
if its the 48 spoke wheel you can always just skip every third bolt using 6 of the 9 alot of people do it with the 29in do it including me.

QuietRiot522

Aug 31, 2010
Rochester MN
Will those brakes work on the rear too? If idrill the frame to allow the bolt to go all the way through will the arms reach the rim? Sorry to resurect my own thread.

Dobzeh

Apr 8, 2013
Florida
Will those brakes work on the rear too? If idrill the frame to allow the bolt to go all the way through will the arms reach the rim? Sorry to resurect my own thread.
Yes that's exactly what I did on mine just make sure the bolt is long enough to reach all the way and make sure you get a strait hole.

QuietRiot522

Aug 31, 2010
Rochester MN
Update:

Hello all! I just wanted to update what Ive been doing to my cruiser.

I dont like the kit peanut tank and it doesn't mount up very well anyway,
So I went ahead and made some custom mounts for an old chaparral moto tank I had laying around using some coolant tubing and clamps:

heres the tank and the mount

underside:

here you can see how the front mount holds the tank

the mount itself, simple but effective:

On the bike:

QuietRiot522

Aug 31, 2010
Rochester MN
Heres the old

(drumroll please!) the new!!!

Since my first post Ive changed the handlebars, added abs Plastic "fairings" cut the seat tube neck down painted the headlight added some other bells and whistles. I really wish I had a better camera it seems to look so much better in person. Or maybe its Just because its my babeh hahaha anyways thanks for looking! As usual comments criticisms welcome.