Cops in San Luis Obispo

GoldenMotor.com

Comrade Alfonzo

Jul 15, 2009
Whidbey Island, WA
I'll be attending Cal Poly SLO this coming fall and as I'll be maintaining my WA residency and my parents don't want me taking my car, it's back to the motorized bike. Since I don't want to deal with changing residency just yet and getting a CA license or registering a vehicle (I think this requires CA residency) does anybody know if the police in San Luis Obispo are cool with motorized bikes and mopeds or do they want to see plates and the correct documentation?
Thanks Heaps
Kellen

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
i'm pretty sure you can still get a plate and register the bike without a CA driver's license.

the form doesn't ask for a driver license number, just an address and phone number.

as far as the law goes, i hate san luis obispo.

the california helmet law for kids under 18 on bicycles and skateboards was started there, thanks to a school project to get kids involved in goverment.

some stupid 4th or 5th grader came up with the idea, and the senator or congressman or whoever campaigned it into a state law.

it's also the town that pushed the no smoking in bars law through and banned it in all california bars.

i grew up on skateboards and bikes and never wore a helmet unless i was in a contest or a giant ramp. it might be a good idea for some, but i think it discourages kids from physical activity because helmets don't " look cool."

i also like smoking while i'm drinking, and i hate standing around outside of a bar in the cold so those poor little non smokers don't get poisoned by my second hand smoke while they're ruining their livers.

F' that town...

Last edited: