79cc HF no mounting plate?

GoldenMotor.com

PaPa_FoZzY

Nov 23, 2012
Neshoba co. Mississippi
So I'm working on my second build, first one non kit. I'm using a 79cc HF and a schwinn point beach complete with v brakes and rack.
I bought the engine yesterday and when I opened it everything was there but a mounting plate. Is that going to be a problem, or will the mounting plate offered by AGK work without it? Or did I need it in the first place. Also to save myself some money I had thought about using pillow bearings but I'm not sure... Thanks in advance I've learned so much from this site without posting it's not even funny. drn2

PaPa_FoZzY

Nov 23, 2012
Neshoba co. Mississippi
I just re read their product description. I misunderstood what it said I thought their mounting plate required something else not that the engine doesn't come with a mount... Sorry :(

This motor plate replaces the standard 4 stroke motor plate. Use with the two frame mounts from the 4 stroke motor mount (not included). The 79cc & 99cc HF engines bolt directly to this plate. Holes are slotted for side to side adjustment and front to back adjustment.

ocho ninja

Jan 14, 2012
San Jose, CA
The cheapest route is to cut out your own plate out of steel and weld it to your frame if its steel.

Making your own plates gives you more choices for mounting your engine.

And im pretty sure you know to remove the governor and oil sensor if it has one.
Even if its disconnected, the little plastic gear can still disintegrate and blow its guts all over your engine

ocho ninja

Jan 14, 2012
San Jose, CA
Steel frame is recommended for motorized bike applications.

Although there are some good aluminum frames out there that can handle it.