How are your Preddy's doin?

GoldenMotor.com

ocho ninja

Jan 14, 2012
San Jose, CA
I'm gonna start collecting parts and information for a predator 99cc build .

I was wondering how your guys is setups holding up?
Any bugs that have to be worked out?
Tips and tricks on these guys?
Experices with your different drive setups? (FD, jackshaft,CVT, etc.)
Who has the most time/miles on theirs?

Just show them off if you must?brnot

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
I have almost 9,000 miles on mine !!!
EZM Q-Matic, adustable front pulley (set at 3"), 72tooth rear sprocket :)
the only mods were removing external governor parts and adding better air filter ;)

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
im curious why everyone opens up the predator and removes the gov? wouldnt just unhooking the lever accomplish the same thing? who cares if its in there spinning?

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
1 They are cheap plastic with metal inside.
2. Spin them too fast and they pop, spilling their metal guts inside your engine.

It's your choice weather or not to remove it.

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
ahhh, ok I was wondering why the rush to get in there and get it out.....didn't realize they were exploding. I'll get it out pronto

jbcruisin

Oct 10, 2008
Lebanon, Pa.
Well I figured Bill would have the most miles on his :) Mine runs great. I installed the Predator last winter. Had it up to 46 yesterday. I didn't ride far, about 4 miles. The temp was 36 degrees.

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
started stripping it today ...dont know what that white loctite they use is but its good...wouldnt mind a tube of it around.
I guess I gotta pull the flywheel to get at some pin that holds the gov in?
engines gonna look good stood up. I'm anxious to get the bike here to fab up the plate

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
Racie- are you taking it apart or just disconecting the gov? The reason i ask is i just disconnected mine and despite every precaution the pin fell inside the motor- right when i went to start it to go ride in a july 4 parade.

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
im taking it out because people say it may shatter left in there.....so I cut the top off the rod so it would drop down easily and took it out...the plastic gear must have a clip somewhere...maybe ill just pry and tear at it.
surprising yours fell all the way in...I couldnt position the crank anywhere that alllowed that so I cut the shaft...I may use the hole for a vent rather than plug it......I have a really nice crank breather I bought for my whizzer and dont need...maybe use it there

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
noticed one thing stripping this....thats sure a puny carb on this, though I'm sure they probably work well.....talk about retrictor plates! geesh

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
thanks chainmaker....I have the 99cc.....are you the guy from mass that wants to go to Lebanon PA this year for the meet etc?

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
what I would like is for predator to make a 150 cc or somewhere near it.....in between the 212 and 99cc....then I'd be happydance1

ocho ninja

Jan 14, 2012
San Jose, CA
Just scored a 79cc preddy on eBay of some wholesale group for $70... it was one of those items that was opened and returned to the store for some reason... hopefully it doesn't have any major issues

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
I hope so too......do they ship free? cuz really the 79cc i under 100 and ships for 6.99 and you can use the dicount on em from online?
its probably fine though

ocho ninja

Jan 14, 2012
San Jose, CA
I'm in Cali... they don't ship here.
And third party sellers sell em for 140, not including shipping.

Their was a forum member here selling the 99cc, which is the almost the same thing, for 140 also free shiping .... so to me its an okay deal

familyguy

Jan 7, 2012
lincoln, ca
love my 79cc hf, although i did a bonehead mistake & drilled out the idle jet thinkin it was the main jet, so to get her running asap, i took the non adjustable 99cc carb and mated it up to the 79.. works great but is super rich. i have the air cleaner off just to keep her running. i have plans to get a less restrictive exhaust, but first need to find 1" tube with a hard 90 bend (dont have a pipe bender). so i can replace that <5/8 id stock piece i cut off from stock exhaust.... neways... its been a fun project. even super rich will do 35 easy and so smooth.